Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Redirecting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 MoMo2010

MoMo2010

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

I have Windows Vista 32-bit, and I don't know where to begin, but hope I am in the correct forum.

I heard about you guys after I got the Vista Internet Security 2012 virus in December 2012. I used another computer to do a search on Google and was able to download the fixes onto external drive and per your instructions. I ran MS Security Essentials anti-virus, and then rebooted. The problem was immediately resolved and I THANK YOU guys for your brilliance! :)

REDIRECT ISSUES: How do I stop my browsers from redirecting me to other websites when conducting searches? On January 9, 2012, all of my browsers started to go crazy on me(Mozilla Firefox & IE v.8) and keep redirecting me to other websites every time I conduct a search. So, I am back here looking for a solution.

FIREFOX DOWNLOAD STATUS FOLDER: Anytime I have downloaded items, Firefox displayed a download folder with a status. I normally would be able to double click on any of the items I downloaded, however they are no longer there.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated! :) MoMo

Edited by MoMo2010, 12 January 2012 - 02:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Somethings to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.

Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

DeFogger:

• Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
  • The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.

Download DDS:

• Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

Posted Image
    Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
    Link2
    Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

• Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
  • Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
  • Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply

information and logs:

• In your next post I need the following

• .logs from DDS
  • let me know of any problems you may have had

Gringo

I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm so sorry Gringo! I thought I was going to receive an email from you guys when you responded...so, I never checked back until today!

I actually just now downloaded (before I came out here and before I saw your reply) HIJACKTHIS program. and did a scan.

I am not in a remote location right now. am actually at the office, and I need a couple of hours before I can proceed with your instructions. but just to let you know -- over the weekend I ended up getting that Blue screen virus. I have MS Security essentials running every 15 minutes to do full scans, and even the malewarebytes ... but all browsers still redirect and Toshiba notebook (32-bit WinVista) keeps crashing.

Give me a couple hours. Thanks so much!!!

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Somethings to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.

Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

DeFogger:

• Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
  • The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.

Download DDS:

• Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

Posted Image
    Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
    Link2
    Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

• Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
  • Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
  • Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply

information and logs:

• .logs from DDS

Gringo

#4 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hey Gringo - Just in case you need my Hijackthis log -

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 4:05:50 PM, on 1/16/2012
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18639)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Service Station\TSS.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\wmdSync.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OfficeLiveSignIn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10v_ActiveX.exe
C:\Users\Monique Rosales\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://mycampus.argosy.edu/portal/server.pt?
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {81017EA9-9AA8-4A6A-9734-7AF40E7D593F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.7.7227.1100\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jswtrayutil] "C:\Program Files\Jumpstart\jswtrayutil.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cfFncEnabler.exe] cfFncEnabler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ToshibaServiceStation] "C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TSS.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Camera Assistant Software] "C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe" /start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TuneClone] C:\Program Files\TuneClone\TuneClone.exe /silence
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Mobile-based device management] %windir%\WindowsMobile\wmdSync.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XeroxRegistation] "C:\Users\MONIQU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Xerox\EReg\opbreg.exe" /Startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] TOSCDSPD.EXE
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\Windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA Games\TOSHIBA Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.1005.12335 (GoogleDesktopManager-051210-111108) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup (jswpsapi) - Atheros Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Jumpstart\jswpsapi.exe
O23 - Service: TMachInfo - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TMachInfo.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA SMART Log Service - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 9947 bytes

#5 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hello

Ok let me have the DDS report when you have itr done

gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#6 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hello

Ok let me have the DDS report when you have itr done

gringo

Hey Gringo, here is my DDS log (hope I'm doing this right)

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_30
Run by Monique Rosales at 18:51:53 on 2012-01-17
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2939.1803 [GMT -5:00]
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {108DAC43-C256-20B7-BB05-914135DA5160}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {ABEC4DA7-E46C-2F39-81B5-AA334E5D1BDD}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TMachInfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k WindowsMobile
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Service Station\TSS.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\wmdSync.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Users\Monique Rosales\Desktop\Defogger.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uStart Page = https://mycampus.argosy.edu/portal/server.pt?
uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSHB&bmod=TSHB
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSHB&bmod=TSHB
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSHB&bmod=TSHB
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - No File
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common

files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12

\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft

shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - No File
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google

toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program

files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.7.7227.1100\swg.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6

\bin\jp2ssv.dll
TB: {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - No File
TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google

toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
TB: {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - No File
uRun: [TOSCDSPD] TOSCDSPD.EXE
uRun: [DW6]
mRun: [IgfxTray] c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
mRun: [HotKeysCmds] c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
mRun: [Persistence] c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
mRun: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
mRun: [IAAnotif] c:\program files\intel\intel matrix storage manager\iaanotif.exe
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [jswtrayutil] "c:\program files\jumpstart\jswtrayutil.exe"
mRun: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
mRun: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
mRun: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
mRun: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
mRun: [cfFncEnabler.exe] cfFncEnabler.exe
mRun: [ToshibaServiceStation] "c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba service station\TSS.exe" /hide
mRun: [Google Desktop Search] "c:\program files\google\google desktop search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
mRun: [Camera Assistant Software] "c:\program files\camera assistant software for toshiba\traybar.exe" /start
mRun: [GrooveMonitor] "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
mRun: [TuneClone] c:\program files\tuneclone\TuneClone.exe /silence
mRun: [MSC] "c:\program files\microsoft security client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
mRun: [Windows Mobile-based device management] %windir%\WindowsMobile\wmdSync.exe
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [APSDaemon] "c:\program files\common files\apple\apple application support\APSDaemon.exe"
mRun: [iTunesHelper] "c:\program files\itunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
mRun: [XeroxRegistation] "c:\users\moniqu~1\appdata\local\temp\xerox\ereg\opbreg.exe" /Startup
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\Reader_sl.exe"
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\users\moniqu~1\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program

files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - {5F7B1267-94A9-47F5-98DB-E99415F33AEC} - c:\program files\windows

live\writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12

\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~3\office12

\REFIEBAR.DLL
LSP: mswsock.dll
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0030-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_30-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_30-windows-i586.cab
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 68.105.28.12 68.105.29.12 68.105.28.11
TCP: Interfaces\{2998630F-6FD9-44DB-8993-00E629AAF962} : DhcpNameServer = 68.105.28.12 68.105.29.12 68.105.28.11
Handler: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12

\GrooveSystemServices.dll
Notify: igfxcui - igfxdev.dll
AppInit_DLLs: c:\progra~1\google\google~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
SEH: Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook: {b5a7f190-dda6-4420-b3ba-52453494e6cd} - c:\program files\microsoft

office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
================= FIREFOX ===================
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\monique rosales\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\mqiesaau.default\
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.79\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\microsoft silverlight\4.0.60831.0\npctrlui.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\microsoft\office live\npOLW.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\picasa2\npPicasa3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\windows live\photo gallery\NPWLPG.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\monique

rosales\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\mqiesaau.default\extensions\devicedetection@logitech.com\plugins\npL

ogitechDeviceDetection.dll
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============
R1 jswpslwf;JumpStart Wireless Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\jswpslwf.sys [2011-2-26 20384]
R1 MpFilter;Microsoft Malware Protection Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\MpFilter.sys [2010-10-24 165648]
R1 MpKsl71700e5f;MpKsl71700e5f;c:\programdata\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\definition updates\{f8352241-68b1-4c80

-8338-a2d7e4c06a9d}\MpKsl71700e5f.sys [2012-1-17 29904]
R2 ConfigFree Service;ConfigFree Service;c:\program files\toshiba\configfree\CFSvcs.exe [2008-4-17 40960]
R2 TMachInfo;TMachInfo;c:\program files\toshiba\toshiba service station\TMachInfo.exe [2008-9-30 46392]
R2 TOSHIBA SMART Log Service;TOSHIBA SMART Log Service;c:\program files\toshiba\smartlogservice\TosIPCSrv.exe [2007-

12-3 126976]
R3 FwLnk;FwLnk Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\FwLnk.sys [2008-9-30 7168]
S2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN

v4.0.30319_X86;c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-3-18 130384]
S2 gupdate;Google Update Service (gupdate);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-2-26 135664]
S3 fssfltr;FssFltr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\fssfltr.sys [2012-1-11 54632]
S3 fsssvc;Windows Live Family Safety Service;c:\program files\windows live\family safety\fsssvc.exe [2010-4-28

704872]
S3 GoogleDesktopManager-051210-111108;Google Desktop Manager 5.9.1005.12335;c:\program files\google\google desktop

search\GoogleDesktop.exe [2008-9-30 30192]
S3 gupdatem;Google Update Service (gupdatem);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-2-26 135664]
S3 jswpsapi;Jumpstart Wifi Protected Setup;c:\program files\jumpstart\jswpsapi.exe [2011-2-26 954368]
S3 MpNWMon;Microsoft Malware Protection Network Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\MpNWMon.sys [2010-10-24 43392]
S3 NisDrv;Microsoft Network Inspection System;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NisDrvWFP.sys [2010-10-24 65024]
S3 NisSrv;Microsoft Network Inspection;c:\program files\microsoft security client\antimalware\NisSrv.exe [2011-4-27

208944]
S3 WPFFontCache_v0400;Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache

4.0.0.0;c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\wpf\WPFFontCache_v0400.exe [2010-3-18 753504]
=============== Created Last 30 ================
2012-01-17 23:26:06 29904 ----a-w- c:\programdata\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\definition

updates\{f8352241-68b1-4c80-8338-a2d7e4c06a9d}\MpKsl71700e5f.sys
2012-01-17 23:26:04 56200 ----a-w- c:\programdata\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\definition

updates\{f8352241-68b1-4c80-8338-a2d7e4c06a9d}\offreg.dll
2012-01-17 23:26:02 6823496 ----a-w- c:\programdata\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\definition

updates\{f8352241-68b1-4c80-8338-a2d7e4c06a9d}\mpengine.dll
2012-01-16 21:03:03 388096 ----a-r- c:\users\monique

rosales\appdata\roaming\microsoft\installer\{45a66726-69bc-466b-a7a4-12fcba4883d7}\HiJackThis.exe
2012-01-16 21:03:02 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2012-01-16 00:45:08 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Driver Manager
2012-01-16 00:44:08 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Driver Manager
2012-01-14 06:50:05 479232 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\msvcm80.dll
2012-01-14 06:50:05 45016 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\mozutils.dll
2012-01-14 06:50:04 626688 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\msvcr80.dll
2012-01-14 06:50:04 548864 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\msvcp80.dll
2012-01-14 06:49:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Club World Casinos
2012-01-12 04:16:33 54632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\fssfltr.sys
2012-01-12 04:15:56 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft
2012-01-12 04:15:42 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Live SkyDrive
2012-01-12 04:15:11 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition
2012-01-12 04:14:15 74520 ----a-w- c:\program files\common files\windows live\.cache\a5aab6b01ccd0e0

\DSETUP.dll
2012-01-12 04:14:15 484632 ----a-w- c:\program files\common files\windows live\.cache\a5aab6b01ccd0e0

\DXSETUP.exe
2012-01-12 04:14:15 1670936 ----a-w- c:\program files\common files\windows live\.cache\a5aab6b01ccd0e0

\dsetup32.dll
2012-01-11 23:35:49 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\common files\Windows Live
2012-01-11 03:26:35 -------- d-----w- c:\users\monique rosales\appdata\roaming\Malwarebytes
2012-01-11 03:26:05 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Malwarebytes
2012-01-11 03:26:04 20464 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-01-11 03:26:04 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2011-12-27 19:35:28 -------- d-----w- c:\users\monique rosales\SaveSets
2011-12-21 15:55:10 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\VitalSource Bookshelf
==================== Find3M ====================
2011-11-15 20:29:56 222080 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2011-11-10 11:54:13 472808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
============= FINISH: 18:52:33.64 ===============

Attached Files

#7 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hello

I Would like you to do the following.

Run Combofix:

You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)

Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<

Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.

You can download Combofix from one of these links. I want you to save it to the desktop and run it from there.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.

Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer

"information and logs"

• Log from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

#8 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Just a quick question. The defogger program ran and I clicked on the Disable feature. The instructions said to NOT click the re-enable feature until instructed to do so by you. The program is still open (even after clicking just once on the disable link).

Do I need to close the defogger program before I download and run the Combofix?

At what point do I need to close the defogger program? And, at what point will I need to run the defogger program to "re-enable my CD Emulator Drivers?

#9 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

ComboFix has been running for about an hour. There is.a.blue.dos window.with status that.reads.'' scanning for infected files... typically doesn't take more than 10 minutes however scan times for badly infected machines mail easily double". a warning window just opened that reads "freeware implementation of XCACLS has stopped working... a problem caused a program to stop working correctly... windows will close the program and notify you if a solution it's available".

what does this mean AND do I need to abort the program combo fix and start over please let me know

#10 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hey Gringo - I didn't hear back from you on my last post, so I went ahead and closed that program and then followed your instructions and ran the ComboFix program. It took a couple of hours and had to reboot 3 times before it would produce a log. Once it produced the log, I saved it and then copied the text. I clicked on Mozilla, but got another error (as you stated might happen). So, I rebooted again, and turned my MS Security Essentials Antivirus program back on, and then launched Mozilla.

Here is the ComboFix log. Please let me know if I need to rerun that defogger program to re-enable my emulators, or any other programs before I go online again.

ComboFix 12-01-17.02 - Monique Rosales 01/17/2012 22:31:19.1.1 - x86
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2939.1898 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\users\Monique Rosales\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {108DAC43-C256-20B7-BB05-914135DA5160}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {ABEC4DA7-E46C-2F39-81B5-AA334E5D1BDD}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
C:\data
c:\programdata\bf476me556kjbj44161wp31657g52kx364n8wc6o7kk488
c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\bf476me556kjbj44161wp31657g52kx364n8wc6o7kk488
c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mqiesaau.default\searchplugins\bing-zugo.xml
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\3738150435
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\bckfg.tmp
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\cfg.ini
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\Desktop.ini
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\keywords
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\kwrd.dll
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\L\ogejidap
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\lsflt7.ver
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\00000001.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\00000002.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\00000004.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\80000000.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\80000004.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$\781518003\U\80000032.@
c:\windows\$NtUninstallKB10790$ . . . . Failed to delete
c:\windows\system32\drivers\netbt.sys . . . is missing!!
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-12-18 to 2012-01-18 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-01-18 04:25 . 2012-01-18 04:25 56200 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{F8352241-68B1-4C80-8338-A2D7E4C06A9D}\offreg.dll
2012-01-18 04:24 . 2012-01-18 04:29 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Local\temp
2012-01-17 23:26 . 2011-11-21 10:47 6823496 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\{F8352241-68B1-4C80-8338-A2D7E4C06A9D}\mpengine.dll
2012-01-16 21:03 . 2012-01-16 21:03 388096 ----a-r- c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer\{45A66726-69BC-466B-A7A4-12FCBA4883D7}\HiJackThis.exe
2012-01-16 21:03 . 2012-01-16 21:03 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2012-01-16 00:45 . 2012-01-16 00:45 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Driver Manager
2012-01-16 00:44 . 2012-01-16 00:44 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Driver Manager
2012-01-14 06:50 . 2012-01-11 22:36 45016 ----a-w- c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\mozutils.dll
2012-01-14 06:50 . 2012-01-11 20:33 479232 ----a-w- c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\msvcm80.dll
2012-01-14 06:50 . 2012-01-11 20:33 626688 ----a-w- c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\msvcr80.dll
2012-01-14 06:50 . 2012-01-11 20:33 548864 ----a-w- c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\msvcp80.dll
2012-01-14 06:49 . 2012-01-14 06:50 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Club World Casinos
2012-01-12 04:16 . 2010-04-28 13:44 54632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\fssfltr.sys
2012-01-12 04:15 . 2012-01-12 04:16 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft
2012-01-12 04:15 . 2012-01-12 04:15 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Live SkyDrive
2012-01-12 04:15 . 2012-01-12 04:16 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Live
2012-01-12 04:15 . 2012-01-12 04:15 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition
2012-01-11 23:35 . 2012-01-11 23:35 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Windows Live
2012-01-11 19:35 . 2012-01-11 19:35 -------- d-----w- c:\windows\Sun
2012-01-11 19:34 . 2012-01-11 19:34 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Java
2012-01-11 03:26 . 2012-01-11 03:26 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
2012-01-11 03:26 . 2012-01-11 03:26 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Malwarebytes
2012-01-11 03:26 . 2012-01-11 03:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2012-01-11 03:26 . 2011-12-10 20:24 20464 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-01-10 17:22 . 2012-01-10 17:22 -------- d-----w- c:\users\High Rocks
2011-12-27 19:35 . 2011-12-27 19:35 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Monique Rosales\SaveSets
2011-12-21 15:55 . 2011-12-21 15:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\VitalSource Bookshelf
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2011-11-21 10:47 . 2011-12-09 16:36 6823496 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\Updates\mpengine.dll
2011-11-21 10:47 . 2011-03-21 21:25 6823496 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\Backup\mpengine.dll
2011-11-15 20:29 . 2011-03-21 21:24 222080 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2011-11-10 11:54 . 2011-05-19 11:28 472808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2012-01-11 22:36 . 2011-05-25 23:42 134104 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\browsercomps.dll
2011-02-27 03:47 . 2011-02-28 14:40 119808 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\GoogleDesktopMozilla.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2008-06-25 150040]
"HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2008-06-25 170520]
"Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2008-06-25 145944]
"RtHDVCpl"="RtHDVCpl.exe" [2008-04-08 6037504]
"IAAnotif"="c:\program files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe" [2008-04-16 178712]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2007-12-07 1029416]
"TPwrMain"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE" [2008-02-06 431456]
"SmoothView"="c:\program files\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe" [2008-06-02 505720]
"00TCrdMain"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe" [2008-05-09 716800]
"NDSTray.exe"="NDSTray.exe" [BU]
"ToshibaServiceStation"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TSS.exe" [2008-08-04 1242424]
"Google Desktop Search"="c:\program files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [2011-02-27 30192]
"Camera Assistant Software"="c:\program files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe" [2008-04-29 417792]
"GrooveMonitor"="c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe" [2009-02-27 30040]
"MSC"="c:\program files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" [2011-06-15 997920]
"Windows Mobile-based device management"="c:\windows\WindowsMobile\wmdSync.exe" [2008-01-21 215552]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2011-07-05 421888]
"APSDaemon"="c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe" [2011-09-27 59240]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2011-10-09 421736]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2011-06-09 254696]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2009-10-03 35696]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2009-09-04 935288]
c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE [2009-2-26 97680]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=c:\progra~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GoogleDesktopNetwork3.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MsMpSvc]
@="Service"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
LocalServiceNoNetwork REG_MULTI_SZ PLA DPS BFE mpssvc
WindowsMobile REG_MULTI_SZ wcescomm rapimgr
LocalServiceRestricted REG_MULTI_SZ WcesComm RapiMgr
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2012-01-18 c:\windows\Tasks\Free File Viewer Update Checker.job
- c:\program files\FreeFileViewer\FFVCheckForUpdates.exe [2011-03-18 20:50]
2012-01-18 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-02-27 03:54]
2012-01-18 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-02-27 03:54]
2012-01-17 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{A030C005-A549-45A4-9D24-483ACC594E0C}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2008-01-21 02:34]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = https://mycampus.argosy.edu/portal/server.pt?
uDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSHB&bmod=TSHB
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
IE: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - c:\windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 68.105.28.12 68.105.29.12 68.105.28.11
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\Monique Rosales\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mqiesaau.default\
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
URLSearchHooks-{81017EA9-9AA8-4A6A-9734-7AF40E7D593F} - (no file)
WebBrowser-{D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - (no file)
HKCU-Run-TOSCDSPD - TOSCDSPD.EXE
HKCU-Run-DW6 - (no file)
HKLM-Run-jswtrayutil - c:\program files\Jumpstart\jswtrayutil.exe
HKLM-Run-cfFncEnabler.exe - cfFncEnabler.exe
HKLM-Run-TuneClone - c:\program files\TuneClone\TuneClone.exe
catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2012-01-17 23:29
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 NTFS
scanning hidden processes ...
scanning hidden autostart entries ...
scanning hidden files ...
scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0
--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\AllUserSettings]
@Denied: (A) (Users)
@Denied: (A) (Everyone)
@Allowed: (B 1 2 3 4 5) (S-1-5-20)
"BlindDial"=dword:00000000
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
c:\program files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
c:\windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
c:\windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\program files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
c:\windows\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TMachInfo.exe
c:\program files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
c:\windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
c:\program files\Toshiba\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
c:\program files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
c:\program files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
c:\program files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
c:\windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
c:\windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
c:\\?\c:\windows\system32\wbem\WMIADAP.EXE
Completion time: 2012-01-17 23:32:47 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2012-01-18 04:32
Pre-Run: 199,844,270,080 bytes free
Post-Run: 199,984,513,024 bytes free
- - End Of File - - 07979CFEB7CA88482C940D667AAB16EC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also - for what it's worth, once this is resolved, I will definitely be making my donation, but wanted to let you know that the primary place that I seem to keep getting hit with Trojans and fake anti-virus pop-up warnings is playlist.com. I've been a regular user for several years, but won't be using it anymore. :)
---------------------------------------------

Hello

I Would like you to do the following.

Run Combofix:

You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)

Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<

Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.

You can download Combofix from one of these links. I want you to save it to the desktop and run it from there.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.

Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer

"information and logs"

• Log from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo

#11 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hello

sorry for not getting back to you last night - I crashed early - but will be around all night tonight

you did not tell me about the redirects are they still happening?

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

ClearJavaCache::

Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
Posted Image
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

"information and logs"

• report from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now after running the script?

Gringo

#12 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hey Gringo! I am not getting the redirects, but am getting a lot of error messages such as Toshiba Flash Card errors, Browser errors; and error messages regarding programs expiring, certificates expiring, etc. I have not done anything since my last post but just noticed your last reply. Should I still go through with that? I have not done any backups lately and am afraid that I will lose data. I have an external Prestige T1 (Terabyte) drive by IOmega, but that is on the brinks as well, and won't fully power up. Anyway - one thing at a time. Let me know what my next steps should be and if its normal to be seeing all of the error messages.

Thanks!

#13 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hello

If you want go ahead and backup your data - those errors I have not heard of before (dealing with malware )

and yes run the script for me whaen you are ready to

gringo

#14 MoMo2010

MoMo2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yes - I think I am going to do a back up to a thumb drive first thing in the morning. In the meantime, when I got your message in my Outlook, I clicked on the hyperlink as I usually do, and this was another error I got:

General failure. The URL was
"http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic437718.html/page__view__getnewpost". The system cannot find the file specified.

I closed the warning box, and then I got another warning: USER ACCOUNT CONTROL A program needs your permission to continue.

If you started the program, continue.

Firefox Software Updater
Mozilla Corporation
“C:\Users\MoniqueRosales\AppData\Local\MozillaFirefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates\0\updater.exe” “C:\Users\MoniqueRosales\AppData\Local\MozillaFirefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates\0\updater.exe”
“C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox” 2324 c:\progra~1\micros~ [this was not the full msg. I manually had to type this because I could not select the text in the warning window]

With an option to “continue” or “cancel”. I clicked cancel, and then Mozilla automatically launched me to this page to see your response. I tried it a couple times and kept getting the same error, but noticed that the number 2324 keeps changing each time.

It seems like Mozilla browser is trying to update, but if I remember correctly, this is a similar warning I got just before I got that virus, which is why I decided NOT to click it this time.

Just a heads up. :)
Thanks again for your help! No redirects so far!

Edited by MoMo2010, 20 January 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#15 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

hello

after you have the backup made allow firefox to update (better now that we are at the begaining of the cleanup) it looks ligit so I do want you to continue with it

gringo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users