Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:53 AM
I've had my new computer up and running for about a week now, and it started out just fine. Then, my pc would, when installing some software, such as World of Warcraft or playing World of Warcraft, would freeze for no apparent reason. I could see no consistancy, it would do it during different points in WoW installation and different points in the game as well. I checked out my CPU temperature and that never seemed to be an issue.
Here is a list of my hardware that I have put together myself, following all provided instructions:
1. Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2
2. DFI nF4 SLI Infinity Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
3. AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA4000BNBOX
4. ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan
5. Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply
6. Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3250824AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
7. SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s
8. LITE-ON Black IDE DVD Burner Model SHW-160P6S
9. SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive
10. Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2
11. XION Black XION II XON-103 SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
12. 2 - US Modular 1024MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz
13. Diamond Radeon 9250 256MB PCI w/DVI/TV-OUT
14. Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy LS 5.1
I am currently running the memtest application and it has 0 errors and is at 60% at the moment.
I also installed all of the windows update and have had anti-virus and a firewall running since before I connected to the internet. I am currently running ezarmor antivirus and any suggestions for something better yet affordable would be great. I am using this becuase it comes free with roadrunner. I am very frustrated and can think of nothing other than maybe a defective part that I would have no clue where to start or how to tell which it would be. Thanks for looking!