Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quaaango

quaaango

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

For a few days now every time I try to open firefox the coloured spinning wheel appears and nothing is responsive. I have to force quit every time.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quaaango

quaaango
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Possibly the same as this?

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?/topic/132523-firefox-and-google-search-results-combo/

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Have you allowed Firefox 9 to update to 9.01?

Have you tried running Firefox without any addons? You can do that by clicking on Help and choosing to run
with addons disabled. Could be one of your addons causing the problem.

From the web: (reason for my first question)
Although Mozilla did not specify in 9.0.1's release notes why it needed to re-release the browser, developers said that the update was prompted by crash reports, primarily from Mac users, although the Linux and Windows versions were also affected.

"We built Firefox 9.0.1 with bug 708572 backed out," said Alex Keybl, an engineering project manager on Mozilla's release team, on Bugzilla yesterday, "We've pushed Firefox 9.0.1 for all platforms. Although we think Windows is mostly unaffected, we still decided to move forward with Windows->9.0.1."

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Linda.Christ

Linda.Christ

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

Uninstall the unwanted Firefox Addins and try. Because not all the firefox add-ins compatible with the new version.

#5 Yiddish

Yiddish

• Banned Spammer
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:53 PM

Fire fox will consume more CPU energy, me too used that browser in past but now i switched over to chrome it's performance is good, you better go with chrome,
my friendly advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users