Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading Word 2003 onto new laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 knotty panda

knotty panda

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

First, everyone here is wonderful and has been so helpful to me in the past. Thank you!

I purchased a laptop thinking I would just install Word 2003 (I have a product key but no disc) on my new laptop. But alack and alas, Microsoft does not permit installing an older version of a Microsoft product on a new machine.

Does anyone have a work-around for this?

Thanks!

Edited by knotty panda, 11 January 2012 - 11:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

You can install Microsoft office 2003 on windows 7

#3 knotty panda

knotty panda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Microsoft has a block on new computers that prevents older versions of Microsoft Office Suite from being installed. I did not order Microsoft Office Suite with my new laptop, it was installed at the factory. This unordered item contains the block and prevents installation of Microsoft 2003. Only 2007 and 2010 can be installed. Any work-around solutions? Such as, can I download the program from my old computer to a thumb drive? Just guessing here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users