Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista 32, Acer Laptop 5920

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 61creekside

61creekside

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Simply Vista won't load. I have tried:
F8 - it won't load in any safe mode (plain, networking, or command prompt) or last known good configuration. I have backup on an Iomega external hard drive (but I cannot boot it from there), and then I read about ALT F-10 restore to factory default (I'm getting desperate) and I have tried every variation of my passwords (none work).
I don't care if Vista ever boots again, end result I want to install Ubunto on the laptop as I only use it for facebook and runescape. I installed Ubunto on an older desktop computer which I am using for Internet access for this site). The old computer I'm using is too slow for FB/RS. I really want to see if I can fix this laptop!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

What exactly do you see on screen if you try to boot into Vista in Normal mode?

When you go to the Advanced Boot Menu and select Safe Mode what happens?

Have you tried to install Ubuntu, if so what happens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users