Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Driver Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stephan7231

Stephan7231

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

So recently, I've started playing this game called "Maplestory" again. I used to play it but I got bored. Between now and then, my computer has crashed about 2x. Then I had to restore it.

Now I've downloaded Maplestory and I launched it.. It loaded fine a few times, but I was never able to get ingame,so I asked my friend to help me get my computer up to speed. He just went to msconfig and switched the setting to say "Let computer figure out best settings for good performance."

Ok, so now I launch Maplestory and I cannot get the opening credits to come on! It loads the Hack shield and then the screen goes black and I get this error message saying:

"Unable to find or execute SynthCore11.exe program!"

Some additional info: When I go to start>control panel (not on classic view) and I click on SoundMax icon I get this error message saying:

"Control Panel Registry entry is corrupt."

HELP! I posted here because it has to do with gaming I suppose? Please! I need help asap! Thank you!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 January 2012 - 09:32 PM.
moved from Internal Hardware and removed reference to duplicate post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Little information can be found on that error but some point to a corrupt user account and recreating another.

Tekken

#3 Abseil

Abseil

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

"SynthCore11.exe (SynthCore 1.2 COM Server) is an executable from the software SynthCore 1.2 version 1.0.7 by Staccato Systems, Inc.. SynthCore11.exe version 1.0.7 is most commonly found under the directory "drivers2k" with a creation date of March 26, 2005. This is not a known spyware, adware, or trojan executable"

here is a solution that I found. Beware... I have not done this so i can't vouch for it personally.

Make a restore point and back up your computer.

here it is...

This error message may occur if SynthCore, a third-party sound renderer, is installed on your computer. To resolve this issue, remove SynthCore. To do this, follow these steps. 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs. 3. Click SynthCore, and then click Change/Remove. NOTE: If SynthCore is not in the list of currently installed programs, click SoundMAX. 4. When you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click OK. 5. Restart your computer.

Here is the responce from a frustrated user...

Thank you, hem. Yes, it worked for me and now I've got midi's from the web back. Thanks a lot. Just FYI... Compaq 5000, WinME, SoundMax Intergrated Digital Audio, sound card, etc. Couple of weeks ago is when I lost midi over the web (cable modem). Drove me Nuts. Nothing on MS site. Finally did a Google search (thank Gawd for Google) tonight and found your answer. Deleted SoundMax, rebooted. System reinstalled the drivers and everything works fine now. Thanks again.

here's where I found it... http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win98/t1017242767

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users