Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Shot question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ryazmom

ryazmom

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I want to find it and I'm having a hard time doing it.
I had a image on my pc and I hit Prt Scr button, so I could save it to paint. I had to leave the pc and do something and when I realized I had done a bunch of other stuff on my PC, I realized that I had lost the image. (This was a month ago)
I know there must be somewhere maybe on a clipboard where I may be able to find this image??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Did you "paste" it somewhere?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 mom23kidz

mom23kidz

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

I had intended to but I got called away from pc.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Unfortunately the image is not available anywhere since it was taken a month ago.

Windows clipboard is for TEMPORARY storage. It only holds one thing at a time. As soon as you copy something else the last thing is over-written.

When you log off, turn off or reboot your computer it clears the clipboard of the last thing that was on it.

Instead of using prtscn, there are screenshot programs you can use. These programs do not rely on having to paste into Paint. They take the shot and you save it for you. You might want to consider using one of those if you take a lot screenshots.

You can find a list of free screen capture utilities here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366982.html

They are in post #3 under Screen Capture Applications

You may have to play around with the settings in order to get the right mode set. I use Screenhunter and it took me a few times to figure it out.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 January 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#5 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hi ryazmom,

This doesn't solve your issue but for the future...Windows 7 comes with a snipping tool feature..features include annotate, save, and/or e-mail the image using the buttons in the Snipping Tool window

Snipping Tool

Pauline

#6 mom23kidz

mom23kidz

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Thanks so much for your help.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

I use the Snipping Tool more than I use screenshots. It is a great tool to use but it didn't occur to me to mention it.

#8 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

I also forget about it sometimes and find myself doing the old print screen method before I remember...

Pauline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users