Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

My neibhbor says he can pick up my wifi from my router with his ipad how can i block him ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Can she access your wifi also or is your wireless connection password protected?

Tekken

#3 busygal

busygal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

How do i know if it is password protected?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

TO check if your router/modem wireless security is ON, log into your network device thru your browser by typing the router's IP address. Look for wireless settings or configuration preset shown such as the image below.
Posted Image
The most common IP address for routers are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Confirm this by your manual. Another way is to check your Network profile for your Home network which consist of your router password and ID/SSID commonly known as a name given for the wireless connection broadcast and set to connect automatically. Click on your Network icon in system tray and choose Open Network and Sharing Center - Manage Wireless Network and look for your Router wireless network ID. If it is present, then your wifi is password protected and is only broadcast as normal to a specific range in your neighborhood. Unless they knew your password, they would have meant is just being shown as being broadcast but not able to connect. Some routers have features to check on the network status of who is using your network.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users