Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 partition disc

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Curiosys

Curiosys

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have part C:with windows 7 home premium OA and S: created and empty at this time . I need use a new system and windows 7 in same time , xp or vista .

When i try to install xp home ... xp are to much old to be use with windows 7.

Do you have solution for me .please .

Thank you .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

A simple way to do this is with a program such as VirtualBox. Use it to run XP while Windows 7 is running.

Instructional video (a bit outdated, but close enough for you to get the idea):

Edited by LucheLibre, 11 January 2012 - 01:58 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

A disc virtuel are created , computer manager created for me that virtual disc . I have to initialize my new virtual disc on disc 5 ,at this time that disc dont have name and i used windows xp home setup.exe to creat it and i dont have more information about that new disc and step to continue .

To creat it i use computer manager ,i used other action on right of the windows manager and if you do it you will see.

Maybe you have instruction for new step ?

Sorry for edit my message but now the new disc virtual are initializated and i see a green disc on computer when i open the windows to see my os .

But i dont understand how use the setup.exe of xp home to install it on that new partition of virtual disc .

I waiting for your step .

Edited by Curiosys, 11 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#4 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Maybe vista ?

#5 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

(Hopefully I'm getting through the language barrier here.)

To begin with, undo everything you just did in that last post.

Download Virtualbox and install it. Run it.

Create the virtual machine as the video shows you to. Be sure to adjust the CD/DVD setting in the 'storage' section to point to your drive if you're using a CD, or to the ISO if that's what you are using.

Start the machine and press F12 to bring up the boot device menu. Choose to boot from CD and then allow XP to install itself.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#6 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

A simple way to do this is with a program such as VirtualBox. Use it to run XP while Windows 7 is running.

Instructional video (a bit outdated, but close enough for you to get the idea):

Maybe you know how start the windows xp on that program . I download the program but windows xp dont start .

The machine virtuel dont open (windows xp home_SP3)

Amd-v disabled in the bios (VERR_SVM_Disabled)

Code d'erreur :
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Composant :
Console
Interface :
IConsole {1968b7d3-e3bf-4ceb-99e0-cb7c913317bb}

Edited by Curiosys, 11 January 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#7 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thank you for your program , i have windows xp installed on disk virtuel at this time . Oracle VM virtual box are EASY TO USE and windows xp RUN perfectely .

But i dont have a key to use it , i have windows xp for 30 day .After black windows with non genuine system will advise me .

Just dont change the setting on oracle and start your exploitation system . The system will be installed !

Thank you .

#8 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

I search the stamp(file) for desktop for genuine update ?

#9 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't continue to assist you with your non-genuine copy of Windows XP.

~ LL ~

#10 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't continue to assist you with your non-genuine copy of Windows XP.

Maybe not you can ,i understand you . But without joke cause i use windows 7 authentique and windows xp trial for 30 day . I dont ask the stamp ok.

But tell to me how to use kaspersky correctely cause kapersky are obsolet and a cannot download update .Do you have solution for that .Error code 80000100 and kaspersky are activate at this time .Thank you .

It a genuine for 30 day ,but not validate at this time , it not directely your think .All rapid update from microsoft are applicated on the system for windows xp home .

My windows xp are registered by my name at microsoft . Dont worry be happy .

Edited by Curiosys, 11 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#11 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Maybe not you can ,i understand you . But without joke cause i use windows 7 authentique and windows xp trial for 30 day . I dont ask the stamp ok.

But tell to me how to use kaspersky correctely cause kapersky are obsolet and a cannot download update .Do you have solution for that .Error code 80000100 and kaspersky are activate at this time .Thank you .

It a genuine for 30 day ,but not validate at this time , it not directely your think .All rapid update from microsoft are applicated on the system for windows xp home .

My windows xp are registered by my name at microsoft . Dont worry be happy .

Reinstall your genuine like me and select use key after for activation ! :thumbsup:

#12 Curiosys

Curiosys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Use kaspersky rescue disk for virtual scan and update for kaspersky by hote lector E on stokage by setting of your system xp into oracle box .Kaspersky will work ,it you to see .

To set windows xp use one processor firts ....

thank for your program .

#13 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

No problem. Glad to help.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users