Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help removing Oxc0000006 error

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

ok new info , I was in safe mode, so I cleared that and ran chdsk check it took several hours it got to this point and stopped the last 3 lines read : File Data verification completed chdsk is verifying free space(stage 5 of 5) 36% completed. It stayed like this over night so finally this morning I rebooted windows came back up with this error:

ASCTray.exe Entry point not found the procedure entry point @Sysutil@Safeloadlibrary$qqrx20System@UnicodeStringui could not be located in the dynamic link library rt/120.bpl.

then I thought I would now try to uninstall my aadvance system care and this time I got a different error which read : C:\Program Files\Iobit Advance System Care\unin000dat"file is corrupted can not uninstall.

That is a different more detailed error than before.

Any ways does this give you any more info to help me with? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

I would use Revo Uninstaller to remove that program...and see what happens afterwards.

Inability of the chkdsk /r command to complete...indicates either a file system or a hard drive problem, IMO. Either one may result in loss of all data currently stored on the drive/partition.

Louis

#18 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

GREAT NEWS THANKS!!

I downloaded Revo Intsaller and was able to uninstall alot of advance system care there are still some icons? anyways I was able to reinstall some programs I really needed. I feel the laptop needs a little tuning up so to speak are there any programs available to help me clean it up so to speak (simplified)as I have to use this dinasoar (sp) a little while longer,thank you very much for your time and suggestions!!

#19 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Contrary to all those who might think so...Windows does not need "tuning up" or "optimizing".

It needs users/owners who are willing to just do normal maintenace (chkdks /r and defrag) at the appropriate times...install proper applications for security (AV, Windows has a firewall which is adequate for many users, a program like SUPERAntiSpyware to assist installed AV).

Following link may be useful, it covers many basic concepts for maintaining a system: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html .

The best thing that any user can do...make a backup of the system...when things are in good shape. Also utilize the Windows System Restore function to facilitate the hiccups that are going to come with daily use...do not rely on just one or the other...backup and SR should reduce the stress that so many users seem to self-inflict upon themselves...because they don't use these procedures.

Happy computing :).

Louis

#20 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks so much Again for the Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic