Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help removing Oxc0000006 error

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 bethb1

bethb1

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

windows xp service pk 3
laptop was shut down improperly now, cant open icons or install keep getting error s Oxc000006 or application failed to intialize corrupted installer.could you help please,I do not have disk to reinstall anything thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

HP Pavilion ze 4900
Intel Celeron
Hope this helps, its an old one but its all I got 4 now,thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Is that the exact wording of the error messages? No reference to what application the error refers to?

Louis

#5 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

when I try to open icons from desktop it will start to open then says ASC.exe(oxc 0000006)error failed to intialize properly.
and when I try to reinstall a app from internet,the one that was shut down improperly it says "failed to intialize corrupted intaller?" Hope this helps thanks

Heres what happened my brother was playing a poker game (for free)on a poker site got mad slammed down laptop cover ,when I tried to bring everything back up well I started getting these errors,I was able to uninstall poker program but it wont let me reinstall or use any other icons on desktop.Thanks

Edited by bethb1, 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Do you have Advanced System Care installed?

If so, please try to uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

#7 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

ok just tried to uninstall Advance System Care it would not let me got this
error Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

<<Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)>>

OK...go Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system.

The chkdsk /r command will attempt to run before the system boots into Windows. Just leave it alone, it may take some time for the command to complete. If it stops and displays an error message, please write it down.

If chkdsk /r is successful, the system should boot properly and Windows should work properly afterwards.

Louis

#9 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

ok sry ,but i typed it in and double checked typing got message, that said "it could not find that file please check typing or try another" thanks for your time btw

Edited by bethb1, 11 January 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#10 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

just wondering should I type command first?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

No, you probably don't have a space betweeen chkdsk and / :).

It's a common mistake for those who haven't used the command before.

Louis

#12 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

ok got the demand to work, when I go to reboot says it is hybernating,seemed strange,anyways rebooted windows just comes right back up ,try to click on icon "OneCare" got same error "application failed to execute"..any suggestions

PS I felt as if id did not check anything as Windows comes right back up so quickly as if nothing happened.

Edited by bethb1, 11 January 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Are you saying that you typed the command properly...hit Enter...rebooted...and the command did not run?

FWIW, per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials/onecare:

"As of October 2009, Windows Live OneCare sales were discontinued worldwide. Product support ended on April 11, 2011, and billing support ended on or before June 30, 2011, depending on individual subscription end dates.

We recommend that you choose another antivirus solution, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, the no-cost, easy-to-use antivirus software for home and small business customers with PCs running genuine Windows. Before you install another antivirus solution, however, you'll first need to uninstall OneCare from your PC (Show me how: Windows XP | Windows Vista."

You have an obsolete program "protecting" your system...and you have Iobit's Avanced System Care installed...I suggest removing both of those permanently and forgetting that they exist.

If chkdsk /r will not run...I would think that you have serious system file problems...and/or hard drive problems.

Louis

#14 bethb1

bethb1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

yes it said prepareing to hibernate not shutdown when rebooting could I still be in safe mode and not know?any other suggestions, I felt doing my research that the installer is corrupted ,that upon my brother shutting down improperly while playing the game messed up the installer any other suggestions? I am going to try and uninstall advance system care again thanks

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Shutting down improperly...can damage any number of files.

That's one reason why...often after such, Windows will trigger the 3-part mandatory check, running chkdsk. But this is not the best alternative, since it's only 3-step, while chkdsk /r results in a 5-step process which is more likely to overcome minor damage which may hamper Windows.

<<my brother was playing a poker game (for free)on a poker site got mad slammed down laptop cover>>

I don't know much about laptops...or how much force was involved...but I think I'd also consider the possibility of physical damage to the laptop innards...lots of electronic components packed together in a small space.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users