Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ClientSideProxy.exe?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aloflin

aloflin

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:44 AM

When I sign on to internet, ZoneAlarm keeps asking me if I want to give ClientSideProxy.exe access. When I go to "More information" ZoneAlarm has none on this. I keep denying access just to be on safe side. Does anyone know what this is and if it would be OK to give access? Thanks for any advice!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:55 AM

You can give it access...its part of MSN

#3 JM1GuitarDrums

JM1GuitarDrums

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:03 PM

Hey, this clientsideproxy seems to slow my machine down to a hault when I connect to the internet...What is it far and do I really need it??? Also, what is SALM??? It seems to slow my machine down as well when I connect to the internet...While I have discarded a lot of Ad Ware, I'm not sure if these programs are Ad Ware or if they are just legitimate programs that have been corrupted...Thanks...

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:35 AM

salm is part of the 180search spyware. I suggest you get a HijackThis log posted over in the HJT forum and get cleaned up.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users