Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Uninstall program"...how to find file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thumbslinger

thumbslinger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

hello all-
I am trying to take off all Adobe products for a clean install. I used the Adobe Cleaner as well as the Uninstall a program control panel.

The issue is that Adobe Illustrator CS5 at 3.5gigs still shows up in the list of programs in the Programs and Features list when using the uninstall a program control panel.

From Microsoft, I followed directions and opened Regedt32 to search the registry as it mentioned that sometimes the entry for an application removed might still show up in the Programs and Features window. I couldn't find any entry that related to Illustrator at all.

What I've noticed is that when one uninstalls a program via the control panel and it 'stays' in the list, there is no size shown. Try to uninstall again and it says something like, "this feature only works with installed applications." This is where the regedt will work.

The entry of Illustrator is showing 3.5gigs and when I try to uninstall, the cursor spins for a second and then nothing happens.

Is there a command-line way to find where a file is that is showing up in the Programs and Features window? Just using the search isn't revealing something.

Thanks for any insights

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

You can try Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html)

#3 thumbslinger

thumbslinger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users