Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[error] Invalid Boot Diskette Insert Boot Diskette In A:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 namagodai

namagodai

• Deactivated
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:02 AM

Whenever I turn my computer on, it gives me the error below...

invalid boot diskette
insert boot diskette in a:

I unplugged the cable on the floppy drive and on the motherboard. Sometimes it works when I do that, but MOST of the time it doesn't, and I spend a good 20 minutes unplugging and plugging the cable and turning the computer on, hoping that it will stop giving me that error message.

I went into my BIOS settings and disabled the floppy as a boot option. But still getting the error. I also disabled the floppy drive, but I still get the error.

I even went into my device manager and disabled the floppy drive and controller.

Help me someone! This is really getting annoying.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Floydoid

Floydoid

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:07 AM

At a guess, I'd say you either have a faulty FD cable, or your floppy drive is crackered and needs replacing.
Posted Image "Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?"

#3 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

What sort of computer do you have? Particularly how old is it?

It may be a bad cable or bad floppy drive, but that is pretty uncommon.

In your boot order what is set to boot 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.

I would try setting boot order as follows: cd drive, hard drive, A drive and see if problem goes away. If it doesn't then it may be a physical problem, but I don't think so because of the fact that when you have device unplugged you still have the message.

The other possibility is that you may have an incipient problem with the hard drive, and it is looking for another boot device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users