Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

autoruns.exe directions problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 john6161

john6161

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

I have downloaded and used the auto run program do to having a really bad virus/worm problem. after reading the directions on how to do it, i found that i have failed do to a little problem with how the directions are written. it told me to delete the files through the program by right clicking them and clicking delete.... well i did that, and then after i did that i noticed that they say to remember the address of the program listed in my computer... well now.... i have no idea where those programs are located because the description told me to delete them by right clicking. so now im stuck and i dont know how to find those programs now because i deleted them from the exe.

so how do i find these bad files that i have deleted from the auto runs program?

i tried re scanning but since i already did it the information is gone. please help...

also... i am running windows vista but i assume the program is the same on every platform of windows.

i have also restarted my computer normaly and then put it back in safe mode to re scan it with autoruns.exe but the files still never showed up again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users