Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i3 second generation processor and java software compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msrrahul

msrrahul

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

hi freinds..
i am going to buy hp laptop with i3 second generation processor and windows 7 home basic. but previously i was using desktop computer with windows xp and core 2 duo processor and all java developement softwares frameworks on this configuration . so i wanna ask will all those same softwares and frameworks that i was using on desktop xp computer still work on above mentioned hp laptop? or i have to download java softwares compatible with the mentioned configuration of hp laptop?

any help will be appreciated.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hi -
Your new computer may come with an earlier version of Java installed already -
Then all you would do is update it to the latest version - - and done -

If Java is not installed, it is a very painless 3 to 5 min process -

Thank You -

#3 msrrahul

msrrahul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

sorry for ahain asking bcoz i was not clear in my question therefore u also could not give me wat i wanted to ask.. but does it mean that all those java softwares like eclipse , tomcat server, struts hibernate spring frameworks ( that were previously running on core 2 duo processor with windows xp) will need to be updated to make them compatible with windows 7 i3 second generation processor or these same intact software(previously running on core2 duo with xp as mentioned) can be installed and executedon my new laptop without making them updated?
i have very very least knowledge about software compatibilty with processors and operating systems.
please please help me
thanks a lot again

Edited by msrrahul, 11 January 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

You are talking apples and oranges :).

Software which ran well on an earlier processor...will work fine on a more current processor. A change of processor does not make software obsolete or outdated.

Java...and Windows...and varous programs...are updated periodically to assure system security from known malware vulnerabilities. These have nothing to do with hardware changes which may take place.

Software compatibility with Windows 7 is a program-by-program consideration, with most programs running on XP exhibiting no problem running on Win 7.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2012 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users