Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some vids play-some don't, on all search engines

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 20LEgend

20LEgend

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ok this is getting beyond a joke. For the past couple of months I am finding on certain sites that some of their vids will play whilst some do not. For example, on NFL.com I have just tried Chrome. Firefox and IE and strangely the trailer for a movie plays fine on all 3 but the main vid just stays a black screen. I have the latest adobe flash player, I have shockwave and because I have an AMD processor I even made sure all my drivers were up to date. A search online brings up posts regarding YouTube viewers having trouble but tbh I have no problems at all on that site. So why only some vids and only some sites? I have vista home basic, AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon HD graphics 2.9 GHz, 32-bit OS if this helps.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Post a link to the clip and we'll see if it works. My suspicion is the problem is at their end and no one has told them to fix it.

#3 20LEgend

20LEgend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the reply Frank. I was about to post the link and decided to try my wife and step-daughters laptops. The vids play just fine on theirs. So it has to be some setting or something I've downloaded that is causing a conflict. I just don't know how to check.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I still want the link.

#5 20LEgend

20LEgend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d825ead07/Top-10-wild-card-performances

Thanks Frank. This is just one at random but it applies to them all. The ad plays at the beginning on all of them but when it comes to the main vid all I see is a black screen.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/ is another site with plenty of vids but most of these wont play.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Flash could be corrupted. The first thing I would try is uninstall Flash using the tool at the link below and then install a fresh version. Note that reinstalling without using the uninstall tool first doesn't work.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#7 20LEgend

20LEgend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

thank you very much, Frank, that did the trick.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

YAAAAAY!!!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users