Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I prevent from being hacked? Acer 5425 sometimes acts strangely

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 quantummechanic

quantummechanic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've had an Acer 5425 with win 7 (refurb machine) for about a month and a half, runs pretty well, but at time exhibits strange behavior. I noticed secondary logon set on auto, so I added process explorer to see what's going on, but I'm not an expert at these things. I have malwarebytes, avast pro, windows security essentials, yet I still have odd occurrences, like browser freezes, occasional e-bombs where if I happen to say something on twitter or facebook, I come under some weird kind of cyber attack. Not sure what's going on, but these so-called security progs find nothing. Perhaps whoever is doing this remotely has modified the security to not see activity or malware. Your advice is appreciated.

Mod Edit: Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2012 - 11:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

If you set the 'secondary logon' service back to manual, does it stay off?

Also, having multiple antivirus programs running will cause about as many suspicious activities as malware will. Remove all but one.

If the situation really bothers you, you can always create a thread on the Am I infected? What do I do? board.

Follow http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41987.html'>these instructions before posting. Remember to have patience. They have a heavy workload.

Edited by LucheLibre, 10 January 2012 - 08:45 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users