Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo ideapad with Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blader

blader

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

ok here s the problem.... I got a virus (Anti-vira antivirus, and Windows antivirus 2012) both probably the worst ones I can think of, I used Malwarebites to remove them. however now that they re gone I don't have access to half the system files I use to (namely the task manager, built in windows error scanner, and the "properties" page for My COmputer).

now normally this wouldn't be a problem as I can just use my External HD to backup all the files I want and reinstall windows, BUT this is where the real problem starts, Lenovo 1 touch recovery isn't working, and when I try to boot up from CD I get a error saying the CD drive isn't working. There are 4 options on the Boot up menu (the F12 menu when starting the comp)1 is for CD the other is normal boot and there are 2 others that I don't know the name of. is there any way to fix this laptop without paying 80$ for them just to reinstall windows vista?

and yes do have the boot disk, the Driver disk, and it is a legitimate Windows vista copy, I have not installed any "aditional" hardware exept for the External HD which is "plug and play"

almost forgot, the CD/DVD drive works fine, I was using it to burn some files after the viruses hit my laptop >_>

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2012 - 10:22 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users