Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Sharper Image MP4 Player Battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 19Missy58

19Missy58

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi again....I purchased from Avon " The Sharper Image MP4 Player" and the internal battery will not hold a charge. I have searched for instructions on how to replace the battery but have found none.
My son said it is just trash because you can't replace the battery is that true??
Sure hope someone can help!!

Thankyou
19Missy58

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

If it is even replaceable, I'll bet it is not owner/user replaceable. Most likely the 'rechargeable' battery is proprietary and soldered to the logic board. The cost of replacing the battery if you could get it serviced, is likely to exceed the value of replacing the device with one of equal value. I have to agree with your son's dire assessment and save whatever music is on it and replace it with another mp3 player.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 19Missy58

19Missy58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Thank You Animal for answering me back so quickly. I was afraid you would say that, I never even got to use the stupid thing! I had a hard time understanding the instructions and just put it away somewhere and then I forgot all about it, until now.

Someone had told me to put the whole player into the freezer over night and then let it completely thaw out, and that sometimes will knock the battery back into shape...

Have you ever heard of that?

Anyway...thank you again for your help............Bleeping to the rescue again!! :thumbup2:

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have heard of the freezer trick and it's a gamble at best, and short term fix if successful. It's done on some hard drives too. :whistle:

Sorry I didn't have better news and you're quite welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 19Missy58

19Missy58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Animal...Not sure if you will come back and look at this post or not, but I did put that player into the freezer last night and I have it with me today, so I'll wait a few hours and then I'll try and hook up the charger again.

Maybe I'll get lucky :whistle:

Edit: Just tried to recharge after the thaw.....NOPE

Edited by 19Missy58, 12 January 2012 - 11:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users