Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

autoruns exe, directions problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 john6161

john6161

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

I have downloaded and used the auto run program do to having a really bad virus/worm problem. after reading the directions on how to do it, i found that i have failed do to a little problem with how the directions are written. it told me to delete the files through the program by right clicking them and clicking delete.... well i did that, and then after i did that i noticed that they say to remember the address of the program listed in my computer... well now.... i have no idea where those programs are located because the description told me to delete them by right clicking. so now im stuck and i dont know how to find those programs now because i deleted them from the exe.

so how do i find these bad files that i have deleted from the auto runs program?

i tried re scanning but since i already did it the information is gone. please help...

also... i am running windows vista but i assume the program is the same on every platform of windows.

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2012 - 10:21 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 john6161

john6161
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

i also have restarted my computer normaly and then back to safe mode to run autoruns.exe to see if i could find those programs running again. but unfortunatly... those programs still never showed up again. so i still have no idea where to find them.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

<<I have downloaded and used the auto run program do to having a really bad virus/worm problem.>>

Well...Autoruns won't help you with a malware problem. Autoruns will only reflect all startups, if it is able to run properly in an infected system.

I am moving your topic to a malware forum where the more knowledgeable can attempt to assist you.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users