Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer restarting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaido

kaido

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hello, its my brother's desktop computer.
Computer is restarting randomly doing anything and all i found in events at restart moment is: kernel power critical error Event ID 41, category 63 {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff943877(WS.10).aspx
Under application i found this:Event ID: 10 Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

windows 7 pro 64bit
DualCore AMD Athlon 64 x2, 3000mhz 6000+
Gigabyte ga-ma770-ds3 v1.0
4GB DDR2-800 dd2 sdram
Ati Radeon HD 5770 1gb
Samsung hd321KJ 320gb

DONE:
New drivers, didnt fix
reinstall windows, didnt fix
prime 95 test: cpu has no errors
seatools: which tests i should take? did smart, short etc, all pass except long generic test which is running right now(2 hours test)
checked temperatures, its not overheating problem, seems to be PSU or motherboard.

No BSOD, just restarts randomly...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

This looks to likely be your PSU.

As you troubleshoot, remember to never plug a questionable PSU into good hardware. Damage can immediately take place. Always troubleshoot a questionable PSU by replacing it with a known-good PSU.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 kaido

kaido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

thanks for the reply
But there is no way to test PSU or mobo?
Chieftec seems to be acceptable PSU company.
Motherboard can be faulty also...
Any ideas how to test these without replacing components?
I just cant afford 250 dollars on PSU testing stuff...

Edited by kaido, 11 January 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#4 dif

dif

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

If the motherboard doesn't have leaking/bulging capacitors then it's usually PSU.
Check in the BIOS to see what the voltages are like and how much fluctuation there is.

#5 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

You don't need to buy PSU testing equipment, just another PSU. You can get one from a big-box store and then return it if it turns out your PSU is fine. Just remember to get one with high enough wattage to run your PC properly.

Edited by LucheLibre, 11 January 2012 - 10:35 AM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users