Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox...ugh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KISNA

KISNA

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

I use Firefox mostly. But today I am trying to check yahoo email and as soon as I get to the check mail page I get the following message:

Alert:

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following info.

Youe certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by cert. authority. Please get a new cert. containing unique serial number.

I then tried to check hotmail account and I got the same message. It just won't open the mail after I put in ID and PW. But when I open I/E I can open the email, just not with FF. What gives ? I even uninstalled the FF (though it was the latest version and re-downloaded and re-installed FF but I get the same alert. Any idea why ?

BTW I am posting here using FF and when clicked on post new meassage I got the same alert but it did let me post. So I guess I will be getting that alert every time a page turns on any site. Hmmm...

(Moderator edit: added descriptive subtitle. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 09 February 2006 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hi Kisna

I scouted around for a while and found this webpage which may be of use to you. It's here!.

Let me know how it goes :thumbsup:

David

#3 KISNA

KISNA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for that link but the problem was fixed by itself after a re-boot. So I haven't had to do anything. We'll see if it happens again. Thanks again, though. :thumbsup:

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:43 PM

Ok glad you got it sorted.
David :thumbsup:

#5 Sprite_Feedback

Sprite_Feedback

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

I find it all quite disturbing how many strange problems are solved by a reboot.

g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users