It didn't work out - I got error code after error code and it got into the same vicious cycle of trying to install windows, failing, restarting. Here's an excerpt from my oddyssey (I take notes while I do huge system things like these):
"Error code 0x80FF0000 - Windows could not set the offline locale information"
- completing installation
- "Windows has failed to start"
- Windows Error recovery
Attempt 4 - booting from disc again
- Installation started
- Installation type choice screen unresponsive (6 minutes)
- Unresponsive grey screen for one minute
- Disc partition screen unresponislbe for 3 minutes
- formatting selected partition
- Parition failed (Error 0x8000005 )
- Disc partition screen unresponsive
(edited for jiggery pokery of trying to format partition)
- Selected a partition for windows
- Expanding files
- Windows failed to start
" Info: Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt"
I'm going to take it into the shop soon unless anyone has any better ideas? I did a linux install without problems but I have no drivers for the wireless card (Last time I'm getting a laptop with broadcom wireless cards) for it, so I can't do much with it.
Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Edited by DuckyPowerUp, 10 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.