Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pdf file

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 teagranny

teagranny

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I would like to make a diary with quotes and perhaps some pics then change it to a pdf to send to someone.

What program do I use to make my original document that can then be turned into a pdf?

Do I need a special program to turn a document into a pdf?

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello teagranny, and welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome:

You will indeed need an extra program to turn a document into a PDF. I usually recommend Bullzip PDF Printer to people. Once it's installed you will find a new printer is available called "Bullzip PDF Printer." Any time you use that as your printer when printing, it will ask you where to save the new PDF and then it will "print" your document to that location as a PDF file.

Posted Image

Bullzip PDF Printer is free and contains nothing malicious.

#3 teagranny

teagranny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thank you Andrew,

I understand this bullzip printer prints from one section to another, it doesn't actually print out on paper?

Is this the program I compose my document on also?

thanks

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Right, if you print a document using Bullzip PDF Printer, then no paper document is printed. Your document gets sent to a fake printer which is actually a program that converts it into a PDF and saves the PDF to the desktop.

You can use any program you want to create the document. All that's important is that the program have the ability to print the document. Any program that you can print a paper document from can use Bullzip PDF Printer. Simply open the document you want to make a PDF out of in the same manner as if you were going to print it to paper, just make sure to select "Bullzip PDF Printer" in the "Print" window, as shown above. By default, the new PDF will be saved on your desktop as original_name.pdf (i.e. if the document you converted was named myJournal.doc then the new PDF would be named myJournal.doc.pdf.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

You may want to use OpenOffice.org, an office suite in which you can use its word processor to compose the content, and then you can you can have OO.o format the file into a .pdf document.

Edited by jgweed, 11 January 2012 - 10:12 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Microsoft word also can save as a pdf file. That is if you have word installed on your computer. If not take Jgweed's advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users