Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Caston

Caston

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 3. 20Gb Raid system.

Gigabyte Socket 775 GA-81945P-G

All actitvity is in the following order:

I have only one spare PCI slot.

It was first used for a Voice/Fax modem.

I removed the modem and installed a Sound Card to run speakers. Worked perfectly.

For the internet; I removed the Sound Card and installed Edimax Wireless Router.

I now needed to download videos.

Not having any spare PCI slot, I decided to get a Dynamode 3D USB Sound Card . I attached the same speakers and plugged in the USB Sound Card.

I get no sound from the speakers.

Device Manager says 'This device is working properly'.

I tied disabling onboard sound (Realtec [ALC882 Audeo codec] High Definition Audio), it made no difference.

Thanks for any help.

(Moderator edit: moved topic to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 10 January 2012 - 09:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

One thought
In the Control panel under sounds is it showing the USB device where my example shows the realtek ?

[attachment=116589:sound ctrl.JPG]

Edited by rotor123, 10 January 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

Go to: Start > Control Panel > Sound, Audio etc.. > Look for "Playback" > Make sure you choose the "Dynamode 3D USB" (whatever chipset this is) as the default playback device > Apply > OK.

Edit:

looks like rotor123 has posted a screenshot of the window I'm referring to.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 January 2012 - 11:50 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

Go to: Start > Control Panel > Sound, Audio etc.. > Look for "Playback" > Make sure you choose the "Dynamode 3D USB" (whatever chipset this is) as the default playback device > Apply > OK.

Edit:

looks like rotor123 has posted a screenshot of the window I'm referring to.

I'm a visual kind of guy. In my mind a picture is worth a thousand words. I could have been wrong where I presumed that since he mentioned device manager the the OP could get to the Control Panel. Thanks for the additional.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Caston

Caston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Thanks to everyone

After making my post I realised I ought to insert the USB, then plug the speaker jack into the USB. Very silly.

Now, what I get is a continuous humming sound when I switch the speakers on (No downloads yet, just the speakers on).

#6 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

Assuming your speakers aren't turned up too high, you're likely getting interference from power wires that run along with whatever cable (inside or outside the PC) is carrying the audio signal.

Edited by LucheLibre, 11 January 2012 - 01:02 AM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#7 taheriron

taheriron

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hello,
i have a pci sound card (creative)and i ball wood speakers 2.1,it was working all fine then suddenly my left speaker stoped working now i listen music from right speaker :P.any solution for this please help...!!

#8 Caston

Caston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Assuming your speakers aren't turned up too high, you're likely getting interference from power wires that run along with whatever cable (inside or outside the PC) is carrying the audio signal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users