Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP internet security 2012 (fixed), now comp doesn't respond

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vcali

Vcali

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hello again,

I listed here about a week ago about my pc being infected with xp internet security 2012 and my keyboard not working. I didn't get any replies but I managed to fix the problem, so I think. I followed the provided steps on the forum but when malwarebytes was scanning I didn't do it in safe mode. It did find 6 objects. I deleted them and it asked me to reboot my system so I did. When the computer started up again it will not respond to anything. My mouse moves but if I click the start button it will respond really late and then nothing sort of like freezes. When I go into safe mode I can use the internet and it works ok. What should I do?

I just noticed it started redirecting me in safe mode. It stopped redirecting me when I finished the removal but I guess it is back.

Thank you

Edited by Vcali, 10 January 2012 - 04:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Vcali

Vcali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hi,

so I followed your steps and did everything. Now I have another problem, the computer does not let me post a new topis and I can't send it in an email so that I can post it from another computer. I don't know what to do at this point. I tried every from saving it as a draft and opening it on another computer or writing it in a yahoo notepad but it does not allow me to save it, and the dds file will not attach, it says there is a problem with the attachment. I don't know what to do. Thanks

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

All logs have to be pasted not attached.
Why do you need to use another computer?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 Vcali

Vcali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Because I am using my computer in safe mode and it wont let me start a new topic so I figured if I can send it to my laptop I can post the logs. Let me try and see if I can reply to your message in this topic with my logs.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Do NOT post any logs in this topic.

My Website

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

When I go into safe mode I can use the internet and it works ok.

My Website

#8 Vcali

Vcali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Oh, ok I won't

#9 Vcali

Vcali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

Ok, so I started my computer in regular mode and it was really slow but I was able to use the internet, I tried to post the logs but it just doesn't let me, it says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I honestly don't know what else to do.

Thanks

#10 Vcali

Vcali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Ok I did it. I posted the logs where you asked me to. I started my computer in regular mode and saved everything to a flash drive. I tried posting it on the infected computer but it would not let me. Either way the logs are now posted and I am hoping someone would be able to help me kill this problem once and for at least a little while. Thank you very much I truly appreciate the help.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users