Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon HD 3870 driver has stopped responding

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bennyjet

bennyjet

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi I need help figuring out what is causing my hd 3870 driver to continuously stop responding. It has happened on and off for a while but here latley it has really picked up, and my framerates have dropped in game signifigantly. Does this mean the card had reached the end of its life or is it a software/driver issue? I always update my drivers so I tried rolling this one back since it was acting worse...but it stays the same. I have noticed that certain programs will stop responding every time I open them because the 3870 driver stops working as I try to start it, especially my logitech gaming software for my headset. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Benny Jet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

How much free space on your Windows partition...how large is the Windows partition?

Louis

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

If you have tried reinstalling the latest drivers, this would be my question:

Do you have a good quality, 450W+ Power Supply? An underpowered PSU can easily cause problems with the GPU, which in turn could cause conflicts between the hardware and drivers.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 January 2012 - 11:26 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 bennyjet

bennyjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi, thank you for your replys. The hd has approx 130 GB free of 500(465 after windows. And to Reviver, my psu is a Cooler Master 550W, when i got the V card it called for a 500. Most programs will not open whatsoever, crashes along with the video driver every time i try to run them.

#5 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Does your motherboard have onboard graphics? If so, and if you take the Radeon out, does the PC run stably?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#6 bennyjet

bennyjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

The Motherboard does not have onboard graphics...its a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users