Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cleaning up PC-not sure if I can uninstall

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

was just perusing the programs on this machine and saw "Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system". I recently installed Office 2010 on this machine. Can I remove this compatibility pack and anything else associated with 2007? or will that screw up the 2010 version?

thanks for any help.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by tobyo, 10 January 2012 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

hmmmm, 100 or so views and no opinions? well....I am not sure if removing this Office whatever it is will interfere with Office 2010. maybe that will help? thanks for any opinions.

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

okay, one more piece of information and maybe I'll post this in a Microsoft forum? I never had Office 2007 installed, only used the "works" software on that machine. is this one of those bloatwares that I have been reading about? This was a pre-installed software if I wanted to buy the full version? would really like confirmation that I can remove that from the hard drive.

thanks so much.

#4 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

You can install the compatibility pack without any dramas. All it is used for is to open 2007 files if you have office 3003 installed. So removing it will be fine because you will have 2010 installed which can open all word files.

Hope this helps.

#5 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

hmmmm, well maybe. I am pretty sure I can delete it as I am pretty sure it was pre-loaded when I bought the PC to make it easier to buy Office 2007, which I never did. Instead I bought Office 2010 and it's installed.

I really just wanted confirmation from someone more computer saavy than I that it's safe to delete that Office 2007 "thing".

thanks. appreciate your reply.

Edited by tobyo, 12 January 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#6 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

hmmmm, well maybe. I am pretty sure I can delete it as I am pretty sure it was pre-loaded when I bought the PC to make it easier to buy Office 2007, which I never did. Instead I bought Office 2010 and it's installed.

I really just wanted confirmation from someone more computer saavy than I that it's safe to delete that Office 2007 "thing".

thanks. appreciate your reply.

Hi Tobyo,

It is safe to remove all 2007 features.

#7 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

Delete 2007...

Edited by jburd1800, 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#8 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users