Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hanging and programs freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dart Canine

Dart Canine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi all,
I've just been encountering a new problem. My computer just starts to hangup after just a few minutes of use. Programs lockup for minutes and even my mouse freezes for a few minutes at a time. I don't really know what could be causing it. No processes seem to be taking a lot of CPU usage, and there doesn't seem to be any suspicious processes either. Even as i type this, Google Chrome is freezing and unfreezing, but all my keystrokes are captured, just takes about 10secs to catch up. haha I'll send my HijackThis scan if anyone can help analyse it, it would be very much appreciated, as I use this computer for school and graphic design, as well as gaming. =P

Update: It seems to hangup the most when taskmanager is open. As soon as it opens it doesnt respond. :(

Edited by Dart Canine, 09 January 2012 - 10:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

How does the system run in safe mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users