Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpu doctor

cpu doctor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

I am a tech; I have a customer's PC that while using WIFI (only) recieves constant pop up's from Malwarebytes AntiMalware v1.56 that it has "Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website....

No way to stop it that I know of or can find. Malwarebytes.org is no help at all. Anyone have a clue? Maybe a good app that shows/deletes svchosts or finds what to do next. Kills processes, etc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Malwarebytes.org is no help at all.

Hi cpu doc -
What was the reply from the Malwarebytes forum on that issue ??
To stop the notifications on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro version, first make sure it is fully updated (V1.56 was outdated about Christmas time)
When the pop up of the IP occurs (first it means a bad site that is being blocked) you Right click on the Tray Icon and "add the IP to Allowed sites".

These pop ups are telling you that the computers are accessing Blacklisted sites.
Next check that the correct exclusions are added to the installed Antivirus program.

All this information is available from the MBAM forum, and will depend on certain specific items. None of which you have supplied yet.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users