Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected with "System Check"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 boat290

boat290

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

I clicked on a link while on the internet and my computer was infected. I realized that "System Check" was not real and ended up with a black screen, lots of error messages about the disc being full and damaged etc. After checking in at a few web sites, I remembered that bleepingcomputer.com has helped me before and looked you up. I found your analysis of how to deal with "System Check".

By this time other sites had recomended running RKill (which I had based on previous contact with you). I was able to run it but at this point I can no longer open it. I also had MalewareBytes on my computer, I updated and was, and continue to be, able to run this. At this point, after following your recommendations re; Unhide.exe, I've been able to get rid of the black screen, get my icons back, and been able to repopulate "all programs". I don't think I've lost anything except my desktop screen saver.

However, as I follow your proceedures I can't do some things that I know are important. I can't open in Safe-Mode, I get a blue screen that I know is trouble. Before realizing that I'm overmatched here and need your help, I updated and ran "hijack this" but I'll refrain from sending you the log in case you don't need it. I know I'm still infected but I guess it could be worse. I also assume that if I don't eleiminate the problem it will grow worse. Can you help?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users