Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Agghhh!!!! Help! Access Point / Bridge / Wireless Extender / Giraffe Neck Confusion.....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MrMotiv8or

MrMotiv8or

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hello Folks

In advance, thank you for your time and grey matter....

Generally I have sufficient knowledge to cobble my way through the computer world but I'm just getting confused trying to resolve my dilema.

Currently there's a wireless modem router in me loft sat by the master socket which provides a distictly average but usable signal to most of the house. What I'd like is to extend the strength, availability and reliability of the signal throughout the house (tis a wide bungalow..) and provide more wired network connections to 'tother end of me hooose.

So what I'm thinking is investing in a new Wireless N Modem Router with 4 Gigachunk connections to replace the current spud then use one of these bad boys to a box B at 'tother end to expand the wireless signal and provide a few more RJs to the Missus' end for her spud gun (and my PS3...). I'm happy to run a cable between the two as I understand a wireless connection can limit the bandwidth available.

What I don't want is for my laptop to have to hop from one connection to another so how can I achieve this seamless signal of good quality in my micro-mansion? Is this even possible?
Please help, I've been looking through all the Bridge / Extender / Access Point bumpff for days and all it's doing is accelerating my hairs transformation into a silver grey mop. I've only got 5 months till the arrival of ourfirst sproglet and I'd really like to move on to the less relevant matters like building the nursery.....

Help Folks, as the great Princess Leah said "YOU're my only hope!"

Thanks Guys and Gals, you're all stars and welcome to camp on my lawn any day!

MrM.....

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2012 - 11:29 AM.
Added emphasisi.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users