Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy Scrolling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 J-Rut

J-Rut

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

I have just recently had to have my system rebuilt and when I surf my scrolling is wavy and choppy. My smooth scrolling IS checked. dunno whats next.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Did you reinstall the video drivers?

#3 J-Rut

J-Rut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Why would I need to reinstall video drivers on IE scrolling? I dont get the connection between the two.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Let me re-phrase that: did you reinstall the MANUFACTURERS drivers for your grapics device?

Those video drivers will get rid of the choppiness.

When the proper drivers are not installed, Windows reverts to the default drivers, which provide choppy movement during certain motions, such as scrolling in Internet Explorer. Installing the proper drivers fixes the problem as soon as the computer has been restarted.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4896181_fix-wavy-scrolling-internet-explorer.html

After a reinstall, manufacturer drivers should be installed for all devices (sound and network)

If you need help with finding your drivers please post your computer manufacturer/model.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 January 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Q-E is correct...I went through the wavy scrolling last year and uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers ended it.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users