Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet connection for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J-Rut

J-Rut

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have just recently brought a functioning Toshiba Satellite laptop home from my mothers that I witnessed being surfed on and having music played on. I get the laptop home and try to connect to my wireless connection and it recognizeses it, know the name, says its connected, yet the IE says the IE can not display the webpage. I can connect with the ethernet cable and POW there it goes. What setting or what is going on????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Look on the corner of the base of the laptop and make sure the wi-fi or wireless card in enabled. It might be switched off. .. Other then that go Start(windows flag bottom left)>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Under Tasks on the top left click Manage Network Connections. If the wireless Adpter is listed in there right click it and you should be able to see if it enabled or disabled. if it disabled, it might be a corupt driver. Maybe doing a system recovery if you check both of those things.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Wireless Radio Power On/Off Switches, Toggles, Etc
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic174942.html

I have also seen this sort of problem when the wireless routers name is the same as another one that the laptop had been setup to use.

IOWs it had been connected to a Linksys router called Linksys and then moved to a different router named Linksys for example. If the encryption key is different, as it should be BTW, problem.

Try disconnecting it from your router and redoing the connection as new.
How to do this depends on the software being used. Thinkpads being finicky for example.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users