Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't see vertical scroll bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MsJackie

MsJackie

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hello BC

I've noticed in the past few weeks (maybe more - can't remember) that I don't have a vertical right side scroll bar on my screen anymore. I have Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9. Also my monitor is 17 inch. It was ok before but now the only way I can see it is if I don't maximise the view. My son's been going on the pc a lot so he may be accidentally clicked on something he shouldn't have done.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Jackie Davis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

What is the make and model of your monitor? Likely your image has been adjusted horizontally too wide. Some monitors have an 'auto' button that will automatically adjust the screen to look properly.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 MsJackie

MsJackie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi LL

Wow that was a super speedy reply!

It's an AOC. TFT185W80PS

Thx

Jackie

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

When you press the fourth button from the left, does the monitor image adjust and center itself?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 MsJackie

MsJackie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hey there

That seems to have done the trick! Was about to email and ask fourth button where - F4, etc. But then I guessed you meant the one on the monitor.

Many thanks for that

Best wishes

Jackie

#6 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Glad to help.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users