Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't watch videos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rikkidegraz

rikkidegraz

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

I keep getting the message "You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe. " I have version 11 on this computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled till I'm dizzy and still get the same message.

This just started. I've never had that problem before.

I have win7, ie8, etc.

Edited by rikkidegraz, 08 January 2012 - 08:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

What particular site could this be? Have you checked this on another browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera?

Tekken

#3 rikkidegraz

rikkidegraz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

I gave up on ie8 so when I want to watch videos, I go to Chrome. What a shame.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have win7, ie8, etc.
I gave up on ie8 so when I want to watch videos,

The latest version of IE for Vista, Win 7 is IE9. So any upgrade should be better at this point. Check on the difference.

Tekken

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

Be very careful that you only download Adobe updates from Adobes site. Their are false Adobe downloads that will drop about 3 Trojans on you. Been there and done that.

#6 preferred user 1955

preferred user 1955

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

What he said . I get those sometimes and ignore them. Adobe has a version test and update on their home page that way you know if you are up to date and that you get the real deal here
first I would upgrade to IE9 it has pluggin support for HTML video as do chrome via Flash and Firefox. as well as hardware acceleration then finish your upgrade by downloading and installing Chrome it also has HDWE acceleration and HTML support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users