Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading to avoid FPS problems?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xuvel

Xuvel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

Hello, I'm a league of legends player and I've been playing it at 60 fps, even when recording with fraps. 3 days ago I moved my PC and since then during heavy fights (in-game) I'm stuck at arround 20 fps and have an avarage of 40 fps all arround.

I tried to fix it myself by buying windows 7 (I used to have vista) and buying more ram (from 4g I went to 8g). This didn't help with my gaming performance (really frustrating to spend that money for nothing).

So my question is the follow, this probably is an hardware problem and I can't seem to find what the problem is on my own.. Could you guys give me some advice on what to do and/or replace?

this is my dxdiag with all my specs: http://pastebin.com/R2QQwkXQ

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xuvel

Xuvel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

This might help

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1Cn3C8nUhXwUccxjzOcVUeC

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

so it started happening after you moved the computer? Did the computer get banged during the move, or is the environment different in the new location? (i.e. over a heater vent, by a window etc) that may cause heating issues?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Xuvel

Xuvel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's under my desk in a pretty cold room seen it's winter.. and no it didn't get banged.. I also just totally cleaned all my coolers (again).. nothing's changed

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I would try updating (or rolling back if you already have the latest) your video card and chipset drivers to see if that helps any, make sure you uninstall the old driver before installing the new (or old) one.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users