Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Damsel in distress :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 missgizzi

missgizzi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hi there, I own an Acer Aspire 6530 on windows 7 64bit ultimate. The problem is with the synaptics touch pad, it's stopped working and the times it does work it glitches all over the screen, i have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it to no avail. Nothing I do seems to work! Now .. when I plugged in a wireless mouse windows recognised it and downloaded the drivers but that does nothing at all ... I'm having to use the keypad and it's getting rather tiresome! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated ... Thankyou in advance :P

(Moderator edit: added topic description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 11 January 2012 - 09:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Could there be any conflict to the wireless mouse or is it a standalone problem for the touchpad itself?

Tekken

#3 dif

dif

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Try the drivers from here http://www.kombitz.com/2009/01/11/synaptics-touchpad-driver-for-windows-7/

Also check the BIOS to ensure the laptop will recognise and use a USB mouse.

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Are you sure the mouse has a good battery and is turned on?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Have you checked in Control Panel/Mouse to check that all settings are the way you want them?

Can you borrow a USB mouse from a friend to check that that works.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users