Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gyzmo123

gyzmo123

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hello everyone. Needless to say, I have a problem with my laptop and am hoping I can get help here. Nice to see people able and willing to help others!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Now that you have submitted logs, please be patient until an expert can review them, and do not make major changes to your computer that might invalidate the data. I am sure our malware removal team can help you.
Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 gyzmo123

gyzmo123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

Many thanks - can I check on something please?

I know not to try solving this myself or do anything that may hinder any help, but what about continuing normal use of the laptop while I'm waiting? For example, I'd like to be able to download the latest Flash player as well as a couple of programs like Spotify. I'm also being prompted to update existing programs and windows is set to automatically update. Should I wait until the problem has been sorted out or am I OK to carry on? Sorry if that seems like a daft question but I've never had a problem like this before.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Your question is sound. If you know that certain applications are legitimate, then update those as well as any Windows security patches. I would not add completely new or delete any current applications, or make any changes to the registry (using a registry cleaner, for example).
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users