Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Borking of Windows Explorer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Now sit right back and you'll hear a tale, about my virtual trip...
It started with a ton of files, and a simple little click.
I tried to sort my files all day, but Explorer wouldn't have it;
It up and died in the quick of things and that's become a habit.
It blacks out, cries and just plain quits, stacks windows and shows frames,
it won't go off, until I spam
Control+Alt+Delete, so help me god.
It whines and moans, then it bakes scones,
Yes, it's borked and here's my log!!!!

No seriously, here is what happens:

Okay… my Windows Explorer is borked.
NOT Internet Explorer.
WINDOWS EXPLORER, the file manager/search tool on the desktop next to the START Menu.

I have a bottom of the screen bar, like most people. And, like most people, I put stuff on it for one-click fun.

Windows Explorer is on that bar down there, see?

When I’ve been using Windows Explorer for a long time, like, for more than an hour, it:

Suddenly fails to open windows, tabs, menus, etc- the menu blacks, and so does anything else I try to open, temporarily.

Icons light up as if highlighted when you mouse over them.

Fonts change size, as if you’ve loaded an old game from DOSBOX and it has borked itself, you know, when the desktop icons suddenly grow large and the window borks and grows and fills up half the screen like in XP and VISTA haha and you can’t get to the Cheshire tabs of EVIL to shut it off?

Moving along… it overlaps menu items, and when I try to click out by closing the program from one such overlap, it might close. Maybe.

Then when I test it by trying to open it again, it opens a frame instead of a full, healthy window, and then closes it right back down again. YAY!

Whatever is borking it migrates to the desktop and duplicates icons if I mouse over them

Windows and menus stay open and turn black, and pile up on each other slightly.

It won’t let me PRNTSCRN an image for you.. sorry. Otherwise I’d spam that MOFO.

Anything I open after Windows Explorer starts BORKING is corrupted in any or all of the fun ways mentioned above. Especially the START MENU, or what’s left of it once the BORK gets hold of it.

RANDOM TMI of RASSILON: Our bandwidth is a sad, sad 650 or so. AHAHAH. And computers don’t like me. I must give off a nasty vibe, because they keep borking if I look at ‘em the wrong way, let alone if I don’t catch myself in time to avoid downloading another dumb registrycleaner. I love my impulse control disorder! O.o

Restarting makes it stop… I think I remember something about it being a memory issue or some such stuff, but… it really seems like something ELSE is borked to me. I have really old writing files that I have needed to keep and so I migrated those files from every computer we’ve ever had and have periodically updated some and eventually all of them into newer WORD format, and mom’s computer seems slightly better than mine... we are on the same connection box, mind. If that helps. Perhaps our bandwidth is split, while I’m at it? And we play Second Life. ahAHAHAh

Sooooo…

any thoughts?
And here is a log for you to enjoy. Hopefully I can post that here. I keep forgetting they have those... O.o

It's a log from HijackThis. I'm not stupid enough to thin I know how to do anythign with it, so... until my impulse control disorder kicks in, I'd say... sorry for the rhymes- It's very late and I've grown somewhat chipper in the dark of night and the bright white glow of the SCREEN OF EVIL. THe Log is somewhat Long, and so, I thoroughly apologize for any inconvenience it may cause. I aso could not give HijackThis Admin Rights to some things, so... if you recognize what's missing because of that, well... um... I didn't do it. ;<

LOG:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 11:21:24 PM, on 1/7/2012
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\dleemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\ezprint.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\LWS.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\CameraHelperShell.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Vid HD\Vid.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://att.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://att.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {90eee664-34b1-422a-a782-779af65cdf6d} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Dell Toolbar - {09B71986-2AC5-482d-B6CB-42EA34F4F85B} - C:\Program Files\Dell Printable Web\toolband.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Winamp Toolbar Loader - {25CEE8EC-5730-41bc-8B58-22DDC8AB8C20} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll
O2 - BHO: Conduit Engine - {30F9B915-B755-4826-820B-08FBA6BD249D} - C:\Program Files\ConduitEngine\ConduitEngine.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\IPS\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - {9FDDE16B-836F-4806-AB1F-1455CBEFF289} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: The Game Creators Ltd Toolbar - {eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370} - C:\Program Files\The_Game_Creators_Ltd\tbThe_.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\coIEPlg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\Windows\system32\Msdxm6.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Dell Toolbar - {09B71986-2AC5-482d-B6CB-42EA34F4F85B} - C:\Program Files\Dell Printable Web\toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Winamp Toolbar - {EBF2BA02-9094-4c5a-858B-BB198F3D8DE2} - C:\Program Files\Winamp Toolbar\winamptb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: The Game Creators Ltd Toolbar - {eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370} - C:\Program Files\The_Game_Creators_Ltd\tbThe_.dll
O3 - Toolbar: att.net Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Conduit Engine - {30F9B915-B755-4826-820B-08FBA6BD249D} - C:\Program Files\ConduitEngine\ConduitEngine.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dleemon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\dleemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EzPrint] "C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\ezprint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWS] C:\Program Files\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\LWS.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAStorIcon] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Logitech Vid] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Vid HD\Vid.exe" -bootmode
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Winamp Search - C:\ProgramData\Winamp Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companionlang.dll,-600 - {0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.clonewarsadventures.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.freerealms.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.soe.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.sony.com
O16 - DPF: {CF84DAC5-A4F5-419E-A0BA-C01FFD71112F} (SysInfo Class) - http://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_intel_4.5.2.0.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O16 - DPF: {E6F480FC-BD44-4CBA-B74A-89AF7842937D} (SysInfo Class) - http://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_cyri_4.4.26.0.cab
O18 - Protocol: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - AMD - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: dldf_device - - C:\Windows\system32\dldfcoms.exe
O23 - Service: dlee_device - - C:\Windows\system32\dleecoms.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (IAStorDataMgrSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton 360 (N360) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: UMVPFSrv - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\UMVPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 10452 bytes

Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Doctor Who-related Quotes of some note:

‘Is this from the deleted scene? Just before this the cyberman spilled the Scottish time-lord's pint? The Glasgofreyan malkie'd the tin man and banjoed him right in the wingnuts.’

by ~truemouse (from DeviantArt) tru you rocked this.

“Because I don’t, won’t accept. I don’t approve. Injustice is the rule, but I want justice. Suffering is the rule, but I want to end it. Despair accords with reality, but I insist on hope. I don’t accept it because it is unacceptable. I say no.”

- the Eighth Doctor in conversation with Sabbath during the events of the EDA book, Camera Obscura.

And, from a fanfic I have yet to write:

DOCTOR: All this preponderance of the evidence, and it turns out we’re just summer sausage for Galactus…

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]
If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.

Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.
We need to create an OTL Report
  • Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • In the custom scan box paste the following:
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    activex
    drivers32
    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    wininit.exe
    hlp.dat
    /md5stop
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt<--Will be minimized

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Ah, hello there! Thank you so much for replying! I saw the e-mail alert box RIGHt. AFTER. I clicked post. Life of Riley, yeah? Anyway, i dowloaded OTL... I ran it, like you mentioned. it keeps freezing and issuing teh PROGRAM STOPPED RESPONDING message.

now, keep in mind, I'm 28, have Asperger's can't work, live at home, blah blah... so, my mother is the one who sort of -owns- these machines... she will probably NOT let me have the disks, because she thinks I am borking this computer -her computer that she GIVES me to use- when i try to do things myself, but, well, she bought NORTON 360 and is making us use it, so... I don't really listen to her much unless she turns out to be right. Which is fair. I can do another HIJACK THIS log, if you like? I apologize if I am making any extra trouble... but this is the best I can do...

I can't see the e-mail alert box anywhere so I can check it... I found it once, but now it's like it disappeared since that first post. Every site is different, maybe... is it just not available in a reply as opposed to the post itself? But that doesn't make sense. Will wait for reply. Thank you! And good luck with this...

HERE is another HIJACK THIS log... sorry.

WHOOP, hold up now, looks like OTL started working again and continued wiht the scan. Every scan I've run on this (save NORTON of EVIL) has just stopped midstream, liek that, several times. is that normal? Will post the OTL log shortly, if it carries through with teh processes and doesn't freeze.

Edited by ThetasGirlFriday, 13 January 2012 - 08:39 PM.

‘Is this from the deleted scene? Just before this the cyberman spilled the Scottish time-lord's pint? The Glasgofreyan malkie'd the tin man and banjoed him right in the wingnuts.’

“Because I don’t, won’t accept. I don’t approve. Injustice is the rule, but I want justice. Suffering is the rule, but I want to end it. Despair accords with reality, but I insist on hope. I don’t accept it because it is unacceptable. I say no.”

- the Eighth Doctor in conversation with Sabbath during the events of the EDA book, Camera Obscura.

DOCTOR: All this preponderance of the evidence, and it turns out we’re just summer sausage for Galactus…

#4 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Oh, my computer is 32. Hers is 64.

#5 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,772 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

could you run a scan with DDS instead:
Please run a scan with DDS:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
    DDS.scr
    DDS.pif
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

I'd like to make sure that we're not looking at a malware issue here. Once that is clear, I'll prolly ask you to repost in the windows7 forums, so that someone with more experience in these kind of problems can help you.

regards myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

#6 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Okay here are the two files from OTL.

(check attachments)

Attached Files

#7 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

okay, I'll do that too! ;)

#8 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Here is the DDS text. I'm trying to find the zipped file now...

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_29
Run by Ruth at 19:52:06 on 2012-01-13
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3070.1046 [GMT -6:00]
AV: Norton 360 *Enabled/Updated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton 360 *Enabled/Updated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton 360 *Enabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\UMVPFSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\dldfcoms.exe
C:\Windows\system32\dleecoms.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\5.1.0.29\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\dleemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell V715w\ezprint.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\LWS.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Vid HD\Vid.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
C:\Program Files\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\CameraHelperShell.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe
C:\Windows\notepad.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://att.net
uWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
uDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://att.net
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
mURLSearchHooks: Winamp Search Class: {57bca5fa-5dbb-45a2-b558-1755c3f6253b} - c:\program files\winamp toolbar\winamptb.dll
mURLSearchHooks: The Game Creators Ltd Toolbar: {eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370} - c:\program files\the_game_creators_ltd\tbThe_.dll
BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn0\yt.dll
BHO: Dell Toolbar: {09b71986-2ac5-482d-b6cb-42ea34f4f85b} - c:\program files\dell printable web\toolband.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper: {18df081c-e8ad-4283-a596-fa578c2ebdc3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
BHO: Winamp Toolbar Loader: {25cee8ec-5730-41bc-8b58-22ddc8ab8c20} - c:\program files\winamp toolbar\winamptb.dll
BHO: Conduit Engine: {30f9b915-b755-4826-820b-08fba6bd249d} - c:\program files\conduitengine\ConduitEngine.dll
BHO: Symantec NCO BHO: {602adb0e-4aff-4217-8aa1-95dac4dfa408} - c:\program files\norton 360\engine\5.1.0.29\coIEPlg.dll
BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention: {6d53ec84-6aae-4787-aeee-f4628f01010c} - c:\program files\norton 360\engine\5.1.0.29\ips\IPSBHO.DLL
BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - No File
BHO: Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper: {9fdde16b-836f-4806-ab1f-1455cbeff289} - c:\program files\windows live\companion\companioncore.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: The Game Creators Ltd Toolbar: {eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370} - c:\program files\the_game_creators_ltd\tbThe_.dll
BHO: SingleInstance Class: {fdad4da1-61a2-4fd8-9c17-86f7ac245081} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn0\YTSingleInstance.dll
TB: Norton Toolbar: {7febefe3-6b19-4349-98d2-ffb09d4b49ca} - c:\program files\norton 360\engine\5.1.0.29\coIEPlg.dll
TB: Dell Toolbar: {09b71986-2ac5-482d-b6cb-42ea34f4f85b} - c:\program files\dell printable web\toolband.dll
TB: {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - No File
TB: Winamp Toolbar: {ebf2ba02-9094-4c5a-858b-bb198f3d8de2} - c:\program files\winamp toolbar\winamptb.dll
TB: The Game Creators Ltd Toolbar: {eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370} - c:\program files\the_game_creators_ltd\tbThe_.dll
TB: att.net Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn0\yt.dll
TB: Conduit Engine: {30f9b915-b755-4826-820b-08fba6bd249d} - c:\program files\conduitengine\ConduitEngine.dll
TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
uRun: [Logitech Vid] "c:\program files\logitech\vid hd\Vid.exe" -bootmode
uRun: [swg] "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
uRun: [Sidebar] c:\program files\windows sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
mRun: [WinampAgent] "c:\program files\winamp\winampa.exe"
mRun: [dleemon.exe] "c:\program files\dell v715w\dleemon.exe"
mRun: [EzPrint] "c:\program files\dell v715w\ezprint.exe"
mRun: [LWS] c:\program files\logitech\lws\webcam software\LWS.exe -hide
mRun: [Adobe ARM] "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [IAStorIcon] c:\program files\intel\intel® rapid storage technology\IAStorIcon.exe
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
StartupFolder: c:\users\ruth\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 5 (0x5)
mPolicies-system: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 3 (0x3)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: &Winamp Search - c:\programdata\winamp toolbar\ietoolbar\resources\en-us\local\search.html
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F} - {B63DBA5F-523F-4B9C-A43D-65DF1977EAD3} - c:\program files\windows live\companion\companioncore.dll
IE: {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - {5F7B1267-94A9-47F5-98DB-E99415F33AEC} - c:\program files\windows live\writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
Trusted Zone: clonewarsadventures.com
Trusted Zone: freerealms.com
Trusted Zone: soe.com
Trusted Zone: sony.com
DPF: {233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258} - hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_29-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0029-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_29-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_29-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CF84DAC5-A4F5-419E-A0BA-C01FFD71112F} - hxxp://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_intel_4.5.2.0.cab
DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - hxxp://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - hxxp://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
DPF: {E6F480FC-BD44-4CBA-B74A-89AF7842937D} - hxxp://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_cyri_4.4.26.0.cab
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.254
TCP: Interfaces\{763E1DA3-FCA2-4777-BF84-A3ADF552848C} : DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.254
Handler: wlpg - {E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324} - c:\program files\windows live\photo gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
================= FIREFOX ===================
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\ruth\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\mg37tim3.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.defaulturl - hxxp://slirsredirect.search.aol.com/slirs_http/sredir?sredir=2685&invocationType=tb50ffwinampie7&query=
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - MyStart Search
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://att.my.yahoo.com/
FF - prefs.js: keyword.URL - hxxp://mystart.incredimail.com/mb59/?loc=ff_address_bar&u=92260428076632159&search=
FF - component: c:\programdata\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\n360_4.0.0.127\coffplgn\components\coFFPlgn.dll
FF - component: c:\users\ruth\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\mg37tim3.default\extensions\{eae1e35c-bdd4-49aa-adc9-e82496f88370}\components\RadioWMPCoreGecko19.dll
FF - component: c:\users\ruth\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\mg37tim3.default\extensions\engine@conduit.com\components\RadioWMPCoreGecko19.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\adobe\reader 10.0\reader\air\nppdf32.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\foxit software\foxit reader\plugins\npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.57\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.65\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.69\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\google\update\1.3.21.79\npGoogleUpdate3.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\new_plugin\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\microsoft silverlight\4.0.60831.0\npctrlui.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npwachk.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\windows live\photo gallery\NPWLPG.dll
FF - plugin: c:\programdata\nexonus\ngm\npNxGameUS.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\ruth\appdata\local\yahoo!\browserplus\2.9.8\plugins\npybrowserplus_2.9.8.dll
FF - plugin: c:\users\ruth\appdata\locallow\unity\webplayer\loader\npUnity3D32.dll
---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
FF - user.js: yahoo.homepage.dontask - true
FF - user.js: browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash - false
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============
R0 SymDS;Symantec Data Store;c:\windows\system32\drivers\n360\0501000.01d\symds.sys [2011-5-28 340088]
R0 SymEFA;Symantec Extended File Attributes;c:\windows\system32\drivers\n360\0501000.01d\symefa.sys [2011-5-28 744568]
R1 BHDrvx86;BHDrvx86;c:\programdata\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\n360_5.0.0.125\definitions\bashdefs\20111223.001\BHDrvx86.sys [2011-11-30 820344]
R1 IDSVix86;IDSVix86;c:\programdata\norton\{0c55c096-0f1d-4f28-aaa2-85ef591126e7}\n360_5.0.0.125\definitions\ipsdefs\20120113.002\IDSvix86.sys [2012-1-13 368248]
R1 SSHDRV65;SSHDRV65;c:\windows\system32\drivers\SSHDRV65.sys [2010-2-14 120320]
R1 SymIRON;Symantec Iron Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\n360\0501000.01d\ironx86.sys [2011-5-28 136312]
R1 SymNetS;Symantec Network Security WFP Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\n360\0501000.01d\symnets.sys [2011-5-28 299640]
R2 AdobeARMservice;Adobe Acrobat Update Service;c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\armsvc.exe [2012-1-3 63928]
R2 AMD External Events Utility;AMD External Events Utility;c:\windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe [2011-11-9 176128]
R2 dldf_device;dldf_device;c:\windows\system32\dldfcoms.exe -service --> c:\windows\system32\dldfcoms.exe -service [?]
R2 dlee_device;dlee_device;c:\windows\system32\dleecoms.exe -service --> c:\windows\system32\dleecoms.exe -service [?]
R2 IAStorDataMgrSvc;Intel® Rapid Storage Technology;c:\program files\intel\intel® rapid storage technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe [2011-12-12 13592]
R2 N360;Norton 360;c:\program files\norton 360\engine\5.1.0.29\ccsvchst.exe [2011-5-28 130008]
R2 UMVPFSrv;UMVPFSrv;c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\UMVPFSrv.exe [2011-8-19 450848]
R3 amdkmdag;amdkmdag;c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys [2011-11-9 8913920]
R3 amdkmdap;amdkmdap;c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys [2011-11-9 263680]
R3 AtiHDAudioService;AMD Function Driver for HD Audio Service;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AtihdW73.sys [2011-10-17 85520]
R3 EraserUtilRebootDrv;EraserUtilRebootDrv;c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\eengine\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys [2011-11-10 106104]
S2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86;c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-3-18 130384]
S2 gupdate;Google Update Service (gupdate);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-6-28 136176]
S3 b57nd60x;Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS 6.0;c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60x.sys [2009-7-13 229888]
S3 fssfltr;fssfltr;c:\windows\system32\drivers\fssfltr.sys [2010-10-29 39272]
S3 fsssvc;Windows Live Family Safety Service;c:\program files\windows live\family safety\fsssvc.exe [2010-9-22 1493352]
S3 gupdatem;Google Update Service (gupdatem);c:\program files\google\update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-6-28 136176]
S3 RdpVideoMiniport;Remote Desktop Video Miniport Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\rdpvideominiport.sys [2011-3-17 15872]
S3 TsUsbFlt;TsUsbFlt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TsUsbFlt.sys [2011-3-17 52224]
S3 WatAdminSvc;Windows Activation Technologies Service;c:\windows\system32\wat\WatAdminSvc.exe [2010-3-10 1343400]
S4 wlcrasvc;Windows Live Mesh remote connections service;c:\program files\windows live\mesh\wlcrasvc.exe [2010-9-22 51040]
=============== Created Last 30 ================
2012-01-11 00:44:02 514560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\qdvd.dll
2012-01-11 00:44:02 1328128 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
2012-01-11 00:44:00 1288472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:58 67072 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\packager.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 67440 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ksecdd.sys
2012-01-11 00:43:55 369352 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\cng.sys
2012-01-11 00:43:55 314880 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\webio.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 22528 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe
2012-01-11 00:43:55 224768 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 22016 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\secur32.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 15872 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\sspisrv.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 134000 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ksecpkg.sys
2012-01-11 00:43:55 1038848 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\lsasrv.dll
2012-01-11 00:43:55 100352 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\sspicli.dll
2012-01-10 07:22:44 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SpeedFan
2012-01-08 05:19:04 388096 ----a-r- c:\users\ruth\appdata\roaming\microsoft\installer\{45a66726-69bc-466b-a7a4-12fcba4883d7}\HiJackThis.exe
2012-01-08 05:19:04 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2012-01-03 22:30:08 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Blender Foundation
2012-01-03 13:10:44 182672 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\nppdf32.dll
2012-01-03 13:10:44 182672 ----a-w- c:\program files\internet explorer\plugins\nppdf32.dll
2011-12-19 02:06:00 -------- d-----w- c:\users\ruth\appdata\local\ATI
2011-12-19 02:05:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\AMD APP
2011-12-19 02:05:53 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\common files\ATI Technologies
2011-12-19 02:03:01 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ATI Technologies
2011-12-19 02:02:58 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ATI
2011-12-19 02:02:04 -------- d-----w- C:\ATI
2011-12-15 13:49:42 -------- d-----w- C:\Application Data
2011-12-15 13:48:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\SecondLifeViewer
2011-12-15 11:15:24 38912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\csrsrv.dll
2011-12-15 11:15:22 2342912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2011-12-15 11:15:19 2048 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\tzres.dll
2011-12-15 11:15:14 534528 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\EncDec.dll
2011-12-15 11:14:55 3967856 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
2011-12-15 11:14:55 3912560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
==================== Find3M ====================
2011-12-07 06:12:35 414368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl
2011-11-10 04:39:44 59904 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\OpenVideo.dll
2011-11-10 04:39:32 54784 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\OVDecode.dll
2011-11-10 04:38:40 14375936 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\amdocl.dll
2011-11-10 04:37:46 44032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\OpenCL.dll
2011-11-10 03:44:12 8913920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys
2011-11-10 03:17:10 159744 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiapfxx.exe
2011-11-10 03:16:56 774656 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aticfx32.dll
2011-11-10 03:12:24 466944 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ATIDEMGX.dll
2011-11-10 03:11:50 417792 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
2011-11-10 03:11:20 176128 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
2011-11-10 03:10:08 163840 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atitmmxx.dll
2011-11-10 03:09:52 360448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atipdlxx.dll
2011-11-10 03:09:40 278528 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\Oemdspif.dll
2011-11-10 03:09:32 20992 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atimuixx.dll
2011-11-10 03:09:24 43520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ati2edxx.dll
2011-11-10 03:06:20 6077952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atidxx32.dll
2011-11-10 02:58:20 18996224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atioglxx.dll
2011-11-10 02:40:18 1828864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiumdmv.dll
2011-11-10 02:34:52 46080 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aticalrt.dll
2011-11-10 02:34:42 44032 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aticalcl.dll
2011-11-10 02:33:52 5852672 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
2011-11-10 02:29:58 11300864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aticaldd.dll
2011-11-10 02:29:46 4200960 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiumdva.dll
2011-11-10 02:18:40 51200 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\coinst.dll
2011-11-10 02:13:20 348160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiadlxx.dll
2011-11-10 02:13:04 14336 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiglpxx.dll
2011-11-10 02:12:52 32768 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atigktxx.dll
2011-11-10 02:12:20 263680 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
2011-11-10 02:11:46 32256 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiuxpag.dll
2011-11-10 02:11:32 29184 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atiu9pag.dll
2011-11-10 02:11:26 53760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\atimpc32.dll
2011-11-10 02:11:26 53760 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\amdpcom32.dll
2011-11-10 02:10:54 53248 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2erec.dll
2011-11-03 22:47:42 1798144 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\jscript9.dll
2011-11-03 22:40:21 1427456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl
2011-11-03 22:39:47 1127424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2011-11-03 22:31:57 2382848 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2011-10-24 19:29:02 94208 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\QuickTimeVR.qtx
2011-10-24 19:29:02 69632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\QuickTime.qts
2011-10-22 02:16:12 1843200 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\SlotMaximizerBe.dll
2011-10-22 02:15:46 104448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\SlotMaximizerAg.dll
2011-10-17 20:45:06 462104 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\iaStor.sys
2011-10-17 17:40:44 85520 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\AtihdW73.sys
============= FINISH: 19:53:20.60 ===============

#9 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

aaand i have yet to find the zip file, because WINDOWS EXPLO (D)er won't stop searching the entire computer for it (i asked it to but it just won't get done) when it gets to about a millimeter from the end of the bar. O.o. You poor things. it just isn't your day. You had to get ME as a poster. I do apologize.
BUT I FOUND THE WATCH TOPIC BUTTON AGAIN!!! so yay. Ohh... i feel like I'm bothering or offending someone somehow I just know it. Oh dear. This stupid cold has me all brain-mushy more than normal.

As for version and stuff, I figured THIS stuff is waht you wanted?

CurrentBuildNumber: 7601
CurrentVersion: 6.1
EditionID: Ultimate
BuildLabEx: 7601.17713.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505

Edited by ThetasGirlFriday, 13 January 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#10 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Oh yay. Now I have magickal thumbs.db everywhere. They appear, disappear after a few minutes, then appear again when I'm not looking. urg! I know they are -just- a cache file of thumbnails, but... why did they suddenly show up NOW? I wonder if someone clicked something... because -I- didn't. URG.

Edited by ThetasGirlFriday, 14 January 2012 - 12:53 AM.

#11 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,772 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

you're doing fine. :) If it should get annoying, I'll let you know. :wink:
Your logs are looking clean, I don't think this is caused by malware. Just to be safe please run a scan with Eset:
(Please disable Norton before doing the scan)
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

At the moment I think this could be due to a) Overheating B) a dying hard drive c) broken RAM or d) Norton.

Do you have any idea how hot the PC is running while you're using it?

regards myrti

#12 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Oh, my. Temporarily Disabled Norton. Da-m-n that felt good and stress-relieving. In fact, it filled me with a certain joie de vivre. ANYWAY, tried to run the scan - am using IE... it just gave me a pop-up with a broken link... ;(

Anyway, what you have come up with so far is pretty much what I've been thinking, althoug I posted in here because I was easily confused when i started this thread... So, in essence, here's what I was thinking, same as you, pretty much - a + b + c + d... if it walks/quacks, then Groucho Marx must be making soup.

Hrm, what should we do now?

Sensing there might be some fun times ahead, I installed SPEEDFAN and Orbmu2k's GPU Observer about a week ago... GPU observer says my idle temp is 57 C or so...I am gonna go on Second Life and stay for a while so i can get that higher reading for us again.

I don't know if we should really care about SPEEDFAN though becuse it shows that adorable little flame icon next to my GPU but says my GPU when idle is only at 56 or so... HOWEVEr, my gpu gets to 100 and makes fun crunchy grinding sounds (although I cant see why, it isn't THAT bad, despite being 4 or so years old, adn people are claiming to be running rigs far older with far less problem- which reminds me I need to g oand root out whatever might be left of MYSEARCH/Incredimail ewww and Registry Booster and EMERALD viewer AGAIN urg...) under THESE CONDITIONS:

1. while playing Second Life and doing other things, sometimes being on the Internet and having windows open like WORD... heheh.. good old WORD. THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, although i trust it more than any other program because it's very visible and has stayed around. And, we all know WORd is slightly... special... but my WORD does NOT like to work properly. It likes to eat my stuff, erase letters and corrections and hide files from me, ESP after using Explorer. HA! Mom says she's never had so many problems like me, but well... that's not entirely true. She just can't remember. O.o Second Life on my computer does NOt like to have ANYTHING ELSE open, it crashes like nothing else. And my internet crashes a lot if i have WORD open - I like to listen to music sometimes for a LONNNG timeto get my creativity pumping. if any of that helps.

2. If I leave it on too long. Or if I use Youtube too long with WORD open and/or more windows open in IE.

My buddy Simon in Britain has a bachelor's in this sort of thing... from what little i was able to give him via some speed tests, he said my stuff looked fine but i might need new hardware... heh. Just like I thought. I don't wanna pester him too much though, poor dear. Mom says she won't spend any more money on these because she's hoping to get laptops. Well, but I still need it to work until she does, yo (Second Life and internet adventure games are very relaxing to my exhaustingly overactive brain, i kinda require them for my well-being.) hee hee. Oh, and she has sincesiad that - she and dad had a talk- haha and that i cna -sort of- HAVe this computer and do all this stuf I've already been doing to try and fix it. hooray. Let us see if that is actually what she meant, if she'll allow me to use the cds for the software or not, if I need em, eh? heh.

Edited by ThetasGirlFriday, 14 January 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#13 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,772 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi,

do you have any other browsers on the system with which you could try to access the ESET scan? The link is working fine for me.

57 degrees (celsius, I assume) is fine. This should not be the reason you experience slowness.

regards myrti

#14 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I will try Firefox.

YEah, exactly.. if the gadgets are reading it right, it shouldn't be the card. EXACTLY. PLUS, i cna fEEl the nice cool air frm my fan. Sooo.. dunno, man. -sings XMAs music- It's beginning to look a lot like HARDWARE... jussst not the cardd.... sorry I'm in a mood today. of evil. nothing I have downloaded to diagnose this thing will load, burn to cd, or generally work. AND Second Life borked again. yay. but yeah, will try Firefox. It's dust! DUST FROM VENUSS!! heh. amtrying Firefox right now.

Edited by ThetasGirlFriday, 15 January 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#15 ThetasGirlFriday

ThetasGirlFriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Okay, the SETSCAN file is attached. Enjoy!

it found win/32 zugo whatever...

but I already knew about that, I rememberthe name vaguely... thought I fried that little frakker already.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users