Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random internet differences noticed in IE, Yahoo and Mozilla Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dephilc

dephilc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

This week I noticed three random things occuring on PC w/ XP:

Yahoo website splash page not showing current day's events. For one of my email accts. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and it shows me on bottom bar (where clock is which has correct time/day) that there are i.e. 6 new messages but there is nothing coming up in my in-box. When I go online Windows Installer keeps trying to install my MS Office 2000. I ran various applications (Trend Micro Housecall [0 threats], Eusing [147 problems, fixed], MalwareBytes [0 problems], Stinger [0 problems], however none of these were run in SafeMode. I then ran Avast in SafeMode and it found the following threat: “Win32:Agent-AMXO (Trj)” D:\I386\Apps\App20411\scr\Spy_Install_HPPre.exe (I quarantined this). My D drive is a backup drive and honestly this is the first time I thought to check/scan this drive. My computer has been running extremely slow when online and when I go into Windows Task Mgr. I have two listings for iexplore.exe when only one occurance of IE is running.

Edited by hamluis, 08 January 2012 - 06:16 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users