Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans, Registry Changes, Hijackthis 010 LSP +

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bca959799

bca959799

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hello!

A few weeks ago while my teenagers were on Youtube they acquired a nasty little trojan that was said to change the registry, stopped Windows defender and corrupted those files, it also made it so that opening any programs you had to right click and run as administrator. It corrupted Avast as well as who knows what else. Getting the computer into safemode was difficult and opening Hijackthis was a bear...I had to change the file names and move them to get them to open and run. I did delete from Hijackthis a couple of toolbars and R0 redirects that were added and ran Malwarebytes in safemode. Nothing had been downloaded prior...I did eventually find a way to remove Avast and reinstall a fresh version but it took some doing and only installed after I removed the toolbars and redirects.

Helpful others who aren't so patient decided to help not realizing that it needed "real" help and threw away my notes with trojans and error specifics in addition to making some "informed" changes...I really don't know what they did because they didn't document anything. From what they said they found 27 other trojans on here as well. I apologize ahead of time for that and hope even so someone can help???

The one item that I do still have specifics on is this Hijackthis entry...

010 - Broken Internet Access because of LSP Provider c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll

Anyway...if anyone can point me in the right direction I'm patiently waiting to follow your directions. Thank you in advance for your help :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

nwprovau.dll = Microsoft Client Services for Netware

Is that all you need?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018