Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What the HELL? Weird video behavior.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2NDS0N

2NDS0N

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I can play saved video in VLC and other players or even open a saved video WITHIN Firefox and it plays fine. But, if I stream a video from a website (ANY website), even after it has completely loaded, the AUDIO IS FINE but the video is choppy (jittery). Now get this...If I COVER HALF THE VIDEO with another window the video smooths out some (not perfect, but better). As well, game response, even games with low system requirements like Worms 3D, is seriously slow. This only began a couple of months ago. What's the deal?

YES..I've tried other browsers and still get choppiness. YES..I'm using the latest browsers. YES..I've tried Firefox Safe Mode with addons disabled. YES..My drivers are updated (video card, NIC, monitor, sound card), as well as updated Flash and DirectX. YES..I've tried turning off hardware acceleration in Flash, Firefox and Display. YES..I've tried a different monitor. YES..I've gone over running processes and checked for excessive CPU usage. YES..I've tried turning off my firewall and antivirus. NO..It's not my network or internet connection....not only don't the symptoms point to these, but my other computer works just fine. NO..It's not memory either...my other computer has less memory AND only has onboard video. Just to reiterate: it's not a slow video stream; the stream itself is quite responsive. And, I clean out my cache and registry, run antimalware (several), and defrag my drive on a regular basis.

This is driving me nuts.

Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

hi,sound like software issue to me [windows]
try a live linux ,download and burn to disk and boot to the disk , try streaming videos with it ,
this one ranks #1 .
http://www.knoppix.com/

Edited by caperjac, 07 January 2012 - 04:44 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users