Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob36500

rob36500

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I recently picked up an older HP pavilion 762c running xp pro. It has a NVIDIA GeForce MX 420 Microsoft graphics card in it. I ran it connected to the tv for a few days and it worked fine. but now the display out put comes up with bars, and is very blurry. However when I run it in dual display mode, the second monitor it perfectly clear, but the first one is still broken up. I have tried running different display settings and everything I could find to figure it out. But no avail. Any suggestions. Remember I run on a very limited budget. I have checked the monitor and tv on other systems and they work fine. It has to be in the graphics card or in the settings.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

did you try changing the monitor cables from on connection to the other where they connect to the card ,to see if it change to the other monitor,or it it just using a "y" connection vga cable

Edited by caperjac, 07 January 2012 - 06:30 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users