Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovering files from back up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 colman242003

colman242003

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

My husband's laptop had an issue. When that issue occurred our father in law created a stack of back-up discs. My husband had 100s of music CDs loaded on his laptop. so these recovery discs include all that music. He had his computer system restored by Geek squad with windows 7. But we can't figure out how to restore this stack of discs with all of his music. We've searched on windows help with no luck. He puts the disc into the e: drive and the files are visible. We don't simply drag and drop right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

RIGHT click the name of file. Choose COPY.

Next go to the folder where you want to put the files. RIGHT click, then PASTE.

For multiple file copy, hold down the CTRL and A keys at the same time.

Drag and drop REMOVES files from one location and puts them in another. Since files on a CD are not removable drag and drop won't work.

#3 colman242003

colman242003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for responses our problem has been resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users