Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Security 2012, No Internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cloudya

Cloudya

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hello! Looks like this is an issue that is cropping up quite a bit, but it seems that after my home desktop contracted XP Security 2012, it lost access to the internet. Wireless network still works, other wireless devices still work (like this laptop), but no dice for the desktop. I removed the virus by transferring the programs via usb--and still not internet access, sadly. Computer just keeps "Acquiring Network Address".

Yes...I am having the same issue. Am running the XP checkdisk as I type (typing on desktop..laptop afflicted) and hoping that will clear up some issues. Any idea how this spreads? Email? Websites?

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2012 - 09:21 AM.
Split from different topic, PM to new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yes...I am having the same issue. Am running the XP checkdisk as I type (typing on desktop..laptop afflicted) and hoping that will clear up some issues. Any idea how this spreads? Email? Websites?

checkdisk will not remove a virus ,how it spreads ,email and websites are both correct

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Have you scanned for viruses? I suggest you start up your computer in safe mode and scan using malwarebytes and remove the virus. Let me know how you go.

#4 Cloudya

Cloudya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

I have run Malwarebytes multiple times. It found several items the first scan, nothing in the next three, and I just finished another full scan and one object was found. This is rather confusing because I have not had access to the internet, so where did the one found just now come from? I also have Ad-aware, and the same thing...objects found, nothing for next two scans...will scan again now just to be safe. I do reboot the pc after every scan, whether it tells me to or not.

I ran the check disk because I was having other issues right after the virus was found by Malwarebytes. I could not open any programs without it asking me, what program do you want to use to open this program with...fixed that Then kept getting the "can not find rundll32.exe" so I had to reinstall that then ran the disk check. It did find several corrupted file paths.

Edited by Cloudya, 03 January 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#5 Jardon Tech Training

Jardon Tech Training

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

disable your system restore. Then run the scan again. Let me know if it shows up with zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users