Using the Windows Calculator
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to open the windows calculator, and how to ultilize its functions.
- No tools are needed.
How to Open the Calculator
- Click on the "start" button in the bottom left hand corner to open the stat menu.
- Click all programs to see a list of the programs on your computer.
- Click the Accessories button.
- Click Calculator.
- Whilst Calculator is open, click on the view tab.
- Click on scientific.
- Backspace --> Removes the last digit of the displayed number.
- CE --> Clears the number displayed at that time.
- C --> Clears the entire calculation.
- MC --> Clears the numbers in the memory.
- MR --> Recalls a number from the memory.
- MS --> Stores numbers in the memory.
- M+ --> Adds the displayed number to the memory.
- Sqrt --> This calculates the square root of the number on the screen.
- 1/x --> This calculates the reciprocal of the displayed number.
Edited by jgweed, 09 February 2006 - 02:39 PM.