Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panostandalone And Hp Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kates379

kates379

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

For several weeks I have been having Windows Installer windows popup ferociously when I start up my computer, leading to a final PanoStandAlone window, trying to install something, and asking for the disk to be inserted, a disk I don't have. The same window pops up when I try to open my HP 3-in-1 printer programs or my HP digital camera software. It succesfully uninstalled my printer somehow. I am able to close the windows by "end task"-ing them through the Task Manager. But I can't run my printer or camera software. This all started happening after I had installed my camera software. (HP Photosmart E317 digital camera HP Image zone Software) I uninstalled all of my camera and remaining printer software today. And I tried to reinstall the camera but it won't allow me to reinstall it. Saying that "windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows."

I got Norton Antivirus on my computer after the original problems, but it hasn't removed the problem.

Please let me know what to do in order to remove this.
Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

hi kates379, welcome to Bleeping Computer

I feel your best shot at removing this malware is to follow these instructions. You'll have your Pc back in healthy order

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users