Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noise that takes over keyboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 malaimo

malaimo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

I have an ongoing problem with my desktop computer. Every few minutes a static type noise comes on and takes over the keyboard. It actually will delete the last thing typed or add about a hundred of the last character. Sometimes it makes the keyboard not work for a minute or so. It is extremely annoying and no amount of virus scans seem to get rid of it. It actually disappeared a few weeks ago for about a day after a virus scan but then reappeared the next day which makes me think it is some type of annoying virus that just is not being detected most of the time by the scans.

Any suggestions? I've tried new keyboards, speakers, etc... and nothing works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is your keyboard a USB? If it is, have you tried another USB port?

If you have connected in the front, try a USB port on the back of the tower. If it's in the back, plug it into the front.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 January 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#3 malaimo

malaimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion. I did try it that and the noise is still there. I have even went through a few different types of keyboards and the noise still happens. I have noticed that even with the speakers off, you can hear the noise but not amplified like it is when the speakers are on. I don't know if that helps narrow down what the issue is.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

What kind of softwares have you tried using and removing this virus? Have you tried checking the problem in safemode if it's still acting the same behavior?

Tekken

#5 malaimo

malaimo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

In safe made, I tried Malaware bytes and Spybot. Not in safe mode, I've also tried Combofix, McAfee Virus Scan, rkill. After using Combofix, the sound disappeared for a day but then returned.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Do you have any software installed for your keyboard? If you do have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users